SONG SURVIVOR IV

Would anyone oppose the idea of voting for two or more albums at once? As it is this thing is going to take 8 more weeks from now. If we voted for, say, BD, and RRF both next week (People would choose the best song from each) and HOB and IWC the week after we'd to the final rounds quite a bit faster.

Trashed, Lost & Strungout

although Bastards of Bodom deserves a shoutout as it may be the most underrated songs they have (along with Knuckleduster), and it kicks ass.

And I'm fine with speeding up the voting.

At this moment I'd say Punch Me I Bleed, it sounds shit on the CD, but the keyboards, drums and riffs sound so epic and atmospheric here, together with poison green lighting and a tired Alexi. Musically it seems to describe something so horribly disgusting that has to be hidden from daylight - such as you in a hangover where you're scared and swallowing burning acid, having woken back to reality and having to face the remorse. Could use black or doom vocals tho. Such a feel song. If I had a doom metal band I would cover it.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've heard the albums too much, so our attention goes to songs that still have something interesting to them... At this moment I'd say Punch Me I Bleed.

This. :D At least partially. A generic choice streak so far would probably be something like Lake Bodom (My vote), Silent Night, Bodom Night, Follow the Reaper or Bodom After Midnight, and Needled 24/7. Are You Dead Yet or LDB for AYDY. Anyway, I don't think Chokehold and LBRH would get half so many votes if we all would have been listening to the band for only a few months or so.

Damn those vocals are awful Joonas (He sounds as if he had run a mile and is out of breath constantly). The playing is fine, but the vocals are just amazingly bad. I could do better and I don't even know how to growl without getting my throat all fucked up :D (I can do it for a few minutes but it doesn't sound like what it should, so I'm very likely doing something wrong).

Are You Dead Yet is an amazing album- I didn't like it at first but it grew on me so much.

My votes for We're Not Gonna Fall cause I love the melody, chorus and solo so much. Bastards of Bodom & Trashed is a close second. It shits me they only really play In your face (a really boring chugging song imo) from this album mainly live.

This one is a little tougher for me to decide.......Next in Line, Knuckleduster and Trashed are all top favs of mine......but I'm going to go with If You Want Peace Prepare for War!

RESULTS FOR ARE YOU DEAD YET / THRASHED, LOST & STRUNGOUT EP

5 Living Dead Beat
4 Knuckleduster
3 Punch Me I Bleed
3 Thrashed, Lost & Strungout
1 If You Want Peace… Prepare For War
1 We're Not Gonna Fall
0 Are You Dead Yet
0 Bastards Of Bodom
0 In Your Face
0 Next In Line

Now voting for both BLOODDRUNK and RELENTLESS, RECKLESS, FOREVER.

For Blooddrunk I'll choose Done With Everything, Die For Nothing. Banned From Heaven would be a second choice. DWEDFN was the first COB song I heard (Or at least nearly so. A guy from my ice hockey club played a few songs to me long ago but I don't have any idea which songs they were. Sounded like pure shit back then :D).

For RRF the choice is easier as Shovel Knockout is the only song I truly consider truly good on the album. There are other decent songs but SKO stands out as clearly the best.

Done With Everything, Die For Nothing also good, but I choose Bloddrunk, Roundtrip to hell and back