Songs that are special to you.. and why

why wouldn't we talk over here? there are more peeps interested in GnR not?
As for Slash, I have both CDs, that Godfathersolo is really awesome!!! He's the best in solos, i mean technically there are better ones for sure, but musically spoken, he put so much emotion in his playing...
the other ones I don't know, But I know Slash Duff and Izzy (not sure about Izzy, sure it's about 3 ex-GnRmembers) will record an album together, got to be ace!

Originally posted by Mariner
why wouldn't we talk over here? there are more peeps interested in GnR not?
As for Slash, I have both CDs, that Godfathersolo is really awesome!!! He's the best in solos, i mean technically there are better ones for sure, but musically spoken, he put so much emotion in his playing...
the other ones I don't know, But I know Slash Duff and Izzy (not sure about Izzy, sure it's about 3 ex-GnRmembers) will record an album together, got to be ace!

sure there are other people interested in them, but simply gnr is not exactly anathema-related, hmm..not even related to the kind of music they play :D
anyway i agree with everything you said about slash, pity that his version of the godfather theme has never been recorded properly (well, only on unofficial bootlegs..)
yes, he is now working again with duff and izzy (and matt sorum) though izzy will only play on the record, he will be replaced by loaded guitarist for the tour cos he's sick of travelling around the world..have a look at www.loadedonline.com duff's official page, you can find more news about this "project" (especially in the forum)
and again, forget about axl rose, he only owns copyright stuff on the name "guns n' roses", but actually this "project" IS guns n' roses :headbang:

ps - back to topic, the whole appetite for destruction album is very special to me :D nightrain, paradise city.."don't you ever dream of escaping.." ha, wow, i even managed to keep it anathema-related

Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights...

I was fascinated the very first minute I noticed that song, and I was only four years old... I read the book (E. Bronte) and saw the movie afterwards and I just plainly liked the characteristics and athmosphere it breaths.

Emotionnal Winter by Anathema

This very special emotionnal song was playing on the day I met My Girl..I could never forget it..it represents a very special moment, and it has a very special touch!:)

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
During the last year or so, Goo Goo Dolls's Iris has become really special song to me. For some reason it just clicks whit me. But what do I know, I'm such a wimp. :rolleyes:

no..
i lvoe that song.. listened to it today at work!

it r eminds me of my first year at college..

just the line..

i dont want the world to see me .. cuz i dont think that theyd understand.....
wellll it said a lot about the people i was living with at the time...they defo never understood.. not in the whole 4 years we lived together!

also it reminds me of getting to know an old friend... we both understood each other but felt that no one else did and we listend to it .. and were like.. way coool!!

anyway

rant over!!

I always get very emotional when I hear the start of the song"Z Cars", it just brings a lump to my throat. I was over the moon when Anathema used it as an introduction on their gig at Bradford Rio's recently....The tears ran down my face.