Sooo... tell me...

Oct 20, 2004
I can't seem to find any other threads with this as a topic, I was just wondering what are people's other favourite bands.

Mine are: CoB (hmm no shit. o_O), Ensiferum, Finntroll, Nightwish, Sinergy, Windir, Impaled Nazarene, Dragonforce, Kalmah, Vintersorg, Norther, Moonsorrow, Korpiklaani, Bathory, Warmen.... among a million or so others.

Wow, your bands have quite a few simiarities to mine! Like, about all of them...especially Windir, Norther, Ensiferum, Impaled Nazarene, CoB...

I also add Darkthrone, Venom, Marduk, Dissection, Mithotyn, Iron Maiden, old Amorphis, Motorhead, The Legion, Gorgoroth, Sargeist, Judas Priest, WASP, Twisted Sister, old Ozzy, Testament, Megadeth, Slayer....

fuck man. Too many to name, too little time. :D

In no particular order....
Sinergy, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Immortal, Moonsorrow, In Flames, Nightwish (Once kicks ass!!!), My Ruin (Tairrie B=God), eternal Tears Of Sorrow, Slayer, Metallica (their older stuff kicks fucking ass), Destruction, .....

HAHA, twisted sister....you gotta love the video for "We're not gonna take it!" :p
Well, mine are: Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Sinergy, Dissection (December gig, yaaaaay!!:D), W.A.S.P., eighties rock, classic rock in general, Barathrum, Ensiferum, Slayer, LARD, Sonata Arctica, Rob Zombie, Wumpscut, Yngwie, Bob Dylan, Sisters of Mercy, Judas Priest, Ten Masked Men, Alice Cooper, Death, Rammstein....that's pretty much it i guess...

for metal: the haunted, annihilator, death angel, death, dissection, dethroned, emperor, black dahlia murder, trivium, cynic, testament, overkill, anthrax, iron maiden, stone, kreator, forbidden, iced earth, lamb of god, bodom of course, morbid angel, insomnium, at the gates, dew-scented, control denied, the gathering, lacuna coil, savatage, amaran, destruction, coroner, sodom, early sepultura, carcass, opeth, my dying bride, megadeth, vio-lence...just off the top of my head.

for jazz and blues, i love the jazz messengers, spyderbix, sidney bichet, joe pass, coltrane of course, chet baker, srv, and a whole plethora of other artists.

for indie/folk/other i love elliot smith, joseph arthur, the cutters, the like, arcade fire, broken social scene, metric, my morning jacket, john frusciante, apostle of hustle, death from above 1979, feist, devendra banhart, smog, twilight singers, ian moore, lambchop, explosions in the sky, neil young, nick drake, yea...

Bodom, Norther, Sinergy, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, Einherjer, Wintersun, Cryhavoc, Dragonlord, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Kalmah, Finntroll, Forefather, In Flames, Klamydia, Korpiklaani, Kylähullut, Megadeth, Nightwish, Opeth, Oxymoron, Stone, The Wake, Thryfing, Warmen, To/Die/For and a few others

in no particular order [except for the first 4:D]...

-Iron Maiden
-Iced Earth
-Megadeth
-Children of Bodom
-Twilightning
-Killswitch Engage
-Deep Purple
-Led Zeppelin
-Stratovarius
-Nightwish
-Tarot
-Helloween
-Warmen
-Sinergy
-Lacuna Coil
-Black Label Society
-Ozzy
-Norther
-Dimmu Borgir
-Metallica
-Anthrax
-Slayer
-Judas Priest
-Opeth
-Van Halen
-Arch Enemy
-Atreyu
-In Flames
-Quo Vadis
-Dream Theater
-Angra
-Craydawn
-WASP
-Rainbow
-Pantera
-Amorphis
-Shadows Fall
-Lamb of God
-Cradle of Filth
-Vader
-HIM
-Death
-HammerFall
-The Darkness
-Kalmah
-Therion
-Devin Townsend
-Impaled Nazarene
-Hypocrisy
-To/Die/For
-Lullacry
-Ayreon
-Blind Guardian
-Trans Siberian Orchestra
-Apocalyptica
-Dokken
-Avenged Sevenfold
-Cosmic Sphere
-Billy Idol
-Andrew WK
-Jimi Hendrix
-Soilwork

Ahhhh, I'm liking people's taste. :)
I decided to copy my band list from a profile on something else. It's been annoyingly put in alphabetical order, so I don't mean to come across as someone with too much time on their hands. (althought I do)

ajattara, amon amarth, amorphis, angra, asmegin, bathory, behemoth, beherit, blind guardian, butterfly temple, carpathian forest, children of bodom, cruachan, demons & wizards, die apokalyptischen reiter, doomsword, dragons eye, dragonhammer, dragonforce, dragonland, dream evil, dungeon, edge of sanity, elvenking, emperor, ensiferum, eternal tears of sorrow, fairyland, falchion, falkenbach, finntroll, gamma ray, glittertind, gorgoroth, hanzel und gretyl, heavenly, hekate, hel, helloween, hin onde, howling syn, impaled nazarene, kalmah, kampfar, kataklysm, katatonia, korpiklaani, kreator, limbonic art, lividity, lord belial, lordi, luca turilli, lullacry, lumsk, mithotyn, moonsorrow, nightwish, norther, omnium gatherum, otyg, perkele, posessed, rakoth, ram- zet, rhapsody, rivendell, samael, satarial, satyricon, setherial, shadows fall, shaman, siebenburgen, sinergy, skyforger, sonata arctica, stormhammer, suidakra, svarthid, the armada, the black league, the gathering, therion, thyrane, thyrfing, tiamat, tristania, trollech, trollheims grott, trollskogen, turisas, tvangeste, viikate, vinterland, vintersorg, warmen, waylander, windir, witchery, withering, within temptation, wuthering heights.etc.

...well that was interesting.

Missiles said:
Hey, you all are wrong.

Angra > you
I am seeing them for free on Wednesday. And yes, they're one of my favorite bands:)

You can add Nightwish, Amorphis, EToS, Skid Row and Loreena McKeennit as my all time favorite bands/artists. Similar stuff is always welcome too.

Iron Maiden, Bathory, Enslaved
bla bla bla. yadda yadda yadda. *lists 200 other bands that nobody has the strength to read through*

If I would have the time to write all the bands I like, the list would be LONG.

I'll just write a few of them..

-Children of Bodom
-Sentenced
-Sonata Arctica
-Avantasia
-Altaria
-Nightwish
-Norther
-Twilightning
-To/Die/For
-For My Pain...
-Ajattara
-Megadeth
-Iron Maiden
-Metallica (a few songs)
-Charon

That's enough for now. :)

Damn it's impressive how none of you have mentioned STRATOVARIUS!

I'll name some of the ones I like but you people might not know and might get into.

X Japan (Japanese people can play metal! Trust me! Yoshiki kicks ass! Check out the song "Kurenai")

Torre de Marfil (One of the best Venezuelan heavy metal bands, check out www.torredemarfil.net, these were the people that were going to open for Sinergy back when they scheduled a gig in Caracas, Venezuela)

Edguy (Kicks ass power metal band from Germany! Tobias Sammet is one hell of a composer, as good as Laiho for sure)

and last but not least

Alcatrazz! (Imagine a band whose guitar players were Steve Vai and Yngwie Malmsteem! Of course not at the same time, but hell yes this band has some good guitar work. Check out "No Parole from Rock and Roll" album. So sad that the band really never got huge with all the good songs and talent)