Sooo, what's your favourite 2007 albums so far?

Aye!

Paul Kuhr writes way better lyrics than John Davis ever could try to...that is if John Davis ever actually wrote the lyrics.

Why pull that card? What did Novembers Doom ever do to you?

haha

1. Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
    i45850bm0s5.jpg
  2. Circa Survive - On Letting Go
    i76336o1vke.jpg
  3. Crippled Black Phoenix - A Love of Shared Disasters
    i79800uauiz.jpg
  4. Tomahawk - Anonymous
    i77060bwo3n.jpg
  5. Dir en Grey - Marrow of a Bone
    i36738p4g2p.jpg
  6. Jesu - Conqueror
    i41908t7dwi.jpg
  7. The Dear Hunter - Act II: The Meaning of, And All Things Regarding Ms. Leading
    i76317d74cm.jpg
  8. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
    i35632hxdrb.jpg
  9. Neurosis - Given to the Rising
    i83247sehi4.jpg
  10. Pelican - City of Echoes
    i78574zg6bm.jpg

I just bought the new Paradise Lost. It's very solid and growing on me. It could be up there in a few weeks as one of my favorite.

Anyone checked out Zonaria - Infamy and the Breed? It's pretty fuckin good.
I probably will tomorrow. Heard some really good things about it... I'm always up for some good melodeath in these times of mediocrity :mad:

and also, as of recently...

Blackfield II is growing on me.
heh, same thing happened to me a few months ago. It's an amazing album but for some reason it never really clicked until the 10th listen or so.

And even though I haven't heard it yet, I think The Absence's newest might turn out to be pretty damn good as well.

Dodheimsgard- supervillian outcast.

I totally could not get into this album AT ALL. Nor the new Mayhem.

All of my long time favorite metal bands are releasing stuff that I find completely underwhelming these days. That's why I resort to listening to Cocteau Twins while dancing around drunk and making out with anything with a heartbeat (including animals)... it's the only way I can escape the stark realization that metal has taken a giant nosedive into the shitter.

Forgot to mention :) I really like Pain - Psalms Of Extinction. Sometimes Peter goes too much poppish, but that's ok, he even added some growling this time... Nice done. And new Paradise Lost goes without saying - I never expected to hear anything like that from them anymore...