Sorry to bring up another one but .

Dan, if you want me to answer (to at least a degree) those questions you posed I can PM you if you want rather than hi-jacking the thread further.

But as to naughty points (the REAL hi-jack of the thread :p ), watching "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" or "Dogma" and calling Bible study DON'T CUT IT.

Or my personal "Hypocrisy of the Week" is being a Youth Leader and bangin' one of the teens and calling it "Prayerful Meditation Time".

To quote Shepherd Book from the FireFly series, "There is a special place in hell for people who sleep with a minor, next to the place for murderers, rapists, and those who talk during a movie."

Well ok, sorry, but it's just incredibly stupid to believe that Jesus was a fucking perfect blonde with blue eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong but have those people who think that way, seen real pictures of Jesus? Did they have cameras at that time?

I wasn't aiming at calling every christian a moron, but for those who really believe Jesus looks like that... I still stand by what I said. Those people are morons :) (Sure, I don't know what he looks like either, but given the part of the world he is from, I think the likeliness of him being blonde with blue eyes and generally very scandinavian is pretty slim)

Let's all just wait for the day he is supposed to teleport to our planet, so we can find out if the bible is true, shall we?

You may very well be correct but as you yourself just basically stated, no one has seen him since his time here on earth so to say its incredibly stupid seems just as... well... almost (because I do see your point and I hope you will see mine) as ignorant as how you view those that believe that. After all, it was an extremely long time ago and we just don't know for sure. I think keeping all possibilities open is not a bad thing.

Anyway, I was thinking, the only way Jesus is ever going to have a second coming (assuming he did exist) is if we found enough of his DNA to clone him. But then again, would it really be him or a clone of what LOOKS exactly like him? If its the latter, then maybe one day, technology and science will figure out how to clone a persons entire identity in addition to the body if it could ever be possible.

yeah, that's a great statistic..... reminds me for some reason of some relatives of mine that are full-on Fundamentalist Southern Baptist bible-thumpers, constantly preaching the 10 Commandments to any and all who they can get to listen... and believe implicitly that the King James (and ONLY the King James) version of the Bible is THE "living word of god" and is absolutely literal, correct, and unimpeachable....

... yeah, they've asked me several times to duplicate Gospel CDs that they've borrowed for them and their friends/congregation... commercially manufactured and current CDs that they just want to steal and not pay for. you literally canNOT say a thing that will cause them to see the irony and hypocrisy in that.

i guess the "absolute" nature of the rules embodied in the good 'ol KJB only apply to them when it's convenient. i didn't copy the CDs for them... we're family though, so they got over it.

praise yeshua

:saint:

Its always great to hear/read some insight into your life James. Thanks for sharing yet again. And man am I glad I don't have any relatives like that. Oh the crap you must have had to endure from them especially being into and living the extreme death metal lifestyle. hehe I'm guessing you made them see the light so to speak or part of it anyway. haha