Sorry to bring up another one but .

jesus-1.gif

Holy Shit!

Its like Prince and the singer from Amon Amarth had a kid! :D

Swedish Jesus!

thats gonna be my new phrase for the next week instead of "Sweet Jesus"

I find myself getting lost in Jesus's eyes.....

These two posts both had me dying :lol:

I for one, find these threads quite interesting. I commend those of you who actually ponder these subjects such as this...my point being- if we really do get just one chance at life on earth and if there really is an ultimate truth to be discovered, is it not the wiser, more intelligent choice to give honest investigation to that end? I am not pointing any fingers here, but in general, it really surprises me how many people consider themselves wise and intelligent, yet care little to none for any kind of spiritual talk. I'm reminded of a phrase which can be found on bumper stickers (and likely all kinds of other ridiculous places in the Christian "culture"), that many of you have probably already heard, which reads "If you're living like hell isn't real, you'd better be right!". I know it has kind of a fear-mongering vibe to it that immediately turns a lot of people off to it, but it's really just a shorter, less eloquent way of illustrating my original point. Is it not a fair question?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGDfXF_IE0&feature=related[/ame]

yes he existed look the video ahahahah lol

Anyway an italian religious man invented the cronoscope, basically whe you die you leave a trace of your image and sound, so you can capture this sound image and see it in this cronoscope lol ahahahahah

I for one, find these threads quite interesting. I commend those of you who actually ponder these subjects such as this...my point being- if we really do get just one chance at life on earth and if there really is an ultimate truth to be discovered, is it not the wiser, more intelligent choice to give honest investigation to that end? I am not pointing any fingers here, but in general, it really surprises me how many people consider themselves wise and intelligent, yet care little to none for any kind of spiritual talk. I'm reminded of a phrase which can be found on bumper stickers (and likely all kinds of other ridiculous places in the Christian "culture"), that many of you have probably already heard, which reads "If you're living like hell isn't real, you'd better be right!". I know it has kind of a fear-mongering vibe to it that immediately turns a lot of people off to it, but it's really just a shorter, less eloquent way of illustrating my original point. Is it not a fair question?

Word. I also find it interesting to see how people judge authority, and what arguments they think hold any. The majority of the time the argument of the existentialist is thrown out because it can't be measured in a physical sense. You and I as Christians understand that argument, and hopefully as we grow more and become able to have a reasoned response for what we believe in every respect.

You have to look at all of the possible 'ultimate truths' if you take that argument seriously. How many are there? Infinitely many deities are possible, so good luck finding ultimate truth there.

Prioritization is key. That's why I throw religion out the window. That's also why scientists refuse to deal with supernatural claims until given supernatural evidence... which helps a lot when you're busy unraveling the fabric of existence itself to suit your curiosity, or decoding life's blueprints, or curing diseases to improve people's quality of life and don't want to waste time on people's imaginary friends. You may think contemplating gods bring about good questions. Fine, good luck with that. I think there are *far* better questions to ask, and if you can't find a better question than "Could this internally inconsistent supernatural being really be *that* interested in watching me masturbate?" then you need to try a little bit harder.

Jeff

Can you describe what would constitute "honest investigation" in regards to a supernatural deity?
For the sake of argument, let's assume that I'm starting with nothing, a clean slate.

And I'd answer your "Hell isn't real" thing by suggesting to you:
If you're living like Thor isn't real, then you'd better be right!

The idea of heaven and hell I find hilarious, purely on the basis of there being very little grey area*. It's not like you can go to heaven but then get banished down to hell for leaving the lids off god's jam jars, only for lucifer to send you back up north again for 2 weeks 'good behaviour'.

*The only grey area being the different levels/circles of hell depending on how bad you are... it starts off with purgatory for un-christened (EVIL!!) children, and ends with level 7, I think, which I'm guessing is aimed at Rapists, Hitler and Avenged Sevenfold.

I haven't researched it, but as far as I'm aware heaven only has one level. So...

WHERE THE FUCK do you cut off good and bad people?

Do you still go to hell if you lead a wholesome and selfless life but you once stole a mars bar? Banished to hell for all eternity seems a bit extreme - but then where do you decide what deserves it:

Stole a puppy... well you took care of it nicely and fed it and all that, so heaven it is for you.
Stole a bike...Hmmm it belonged to a fat kid who didn't use it anyway, in you come good sir.
Stole a fuckload of cash through fraud of a major company...tough one, but they employ Indian children and pay them $3 a decade. They don't need the money. Enter before I change my mind.
Used a condom whilst having non-marital sex... YOU'LL BURN IN HELL YOU HEATHEN!!!!!

The only way this would really work would be if god is massively bored now that he's created the universe and all that, so rather than curing cancer and ending famine, he spends his time counting up your "naughty points". More than 5,000 naughty points and it's down to purgatory for you my friend. Each circle of hell has an additional 5,000 naughty points. Good deeds and evil offenses warrant different values of plus or minus naughty points, eg:

Jerking off to pictures of your sister: +300 (naughty points)
Helping grandma with her shopping: -20
Painting a swastika in your own faeces on the entrance rug of a synagogue: +2,500
Saying grace before a meal: -0.01
Preferring St Anger to Master of Puppets: +1,000
Getting an 'A' in chemistry: -75

etc etc

Rather than debate unanswerable questions, I think we should continue this thread by sharing ideas for good or bad naughty points.

Suggestions?

Ok. "Morons" is harsh. Many of these morons are our parents, grandparents, wives, friends and co-workers who for the most part seem like or are at least fairly intelligent, good people. Misguided and brainwashed would possibly more accurate.
Growing up we all want to be accepted by everyone and many at a very early age in life choose to do that by going with the grain, following the leader.
If they see no reason why they shouldn't believe than I imagine that (along with their young age) would contribute to the brainwashing.

I admit, I've been guilty of calling them morons as well. :bah:

Well ok, sorry, but it's just incredibly stupid to believe that Jesus was a fucking perfect blonde with blue eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong but have those people who think that way, seen real pictures of Jesus? Did they have cameras at that time?

I wasn't aiming at calling every christian a moron, but for those who really believe Jesus looks like that... I still stand by what I said. Those people are morons :) (Sure, I don't know what he looks like either, but given the part of the world he is from, I think the likeliness of him being blonde with blue eyes and generally very scandinavian is pretty slim)

Let's all just wait for the day he is supposed to teleport to our planet, so we can find out if the bible is true, shall we?

Jerking off to pictures of your sister: +300 (naughty points)
Helping grandma with her shopping: -20
Painting a swastika in your own faeces on the entrance rug of a synagogue: +2,500
Saying grace before a meal: -0.01
Preferring St Anger to Master of Puppets: +1,000
Getting an 'A' in chemistry: -75

etc etc

Rather than debate unanswerable questions, I think we should continue this thread by sharing ideas for good or bad naughty points.

Suggestions?

If thats the case, they're gonna have to dig a pit far below level 7 for each one of us that got a boner everytime a new "Jailbait" motivational poster was added to that now infamous thread

oh, and don't anyone try to isolate me like I was the only one you rotten fuckers!:D

If thats the case, they're gonna have to dig a pit far below level 7 for each one of us that got a boner everytime a new "Jailbait" motivational poster was added to that now infamous thread

oh, and don't anyone try to isolate me like I was the only one you rotten fuckers!:D

Dude...the only evidence that she was under 18 was the picture's caption, so that's good enough for me! :D