Southern California Thread

Well I only assumed you'd be there, and w the blunts! I just ordered a grip of those rolling cones so I'll be bringing quite a few myself!! I wonder how chill the Fonda will be about it... The rooftop will be nice

Fonda used to be The Music Box (or vice versa). Cool venue. I saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor there a few years ago. Good Shiite. Everybody was smoking

seeing Epica at the Fonda on the 26th. brutal as fuck manly metal

This is a fun thread to read once in a while. Sounds like there's a lot of good times out there.

CELESTE cancelled Night of The Shred. Ended up messaging them about their show they advertised (on accident) for their San Diego show last week, and they said it was a mistake but theyd be back next year...NEXT YEAR?!?! So I asked about Night of Shred and they said they had to cancel... :(

So much for a perfect year of live music...But Im ok with that.

LA Psych Fest this weekend @ The Echo/Echoplex.

Going Sunday just for Earthless (and Mondo Drag if I can make it in time). This time Ill try not to to be on Pluto for Earthless' set because it would be nice to remember at least one of their live shows...

LA Psych Fest this weekend @ The Echo/Echoplex.

Going Sunday just for Earthless (and Mondo Drag if I can make it in time). This time Ill try not to to be on Pluto for Earthless' set because it would be nice to remember at least one of their live shows...

Mondo drag and earthless are pretty decent. Who else is playing?

A LOT of bands I dont know:

la-psych-fest.jpg

Yeah those are the only two I know heh. It's probably a lot of non metal stuff. Like Ozric tentacles or phish style psych music. Still looks interesting.

This coming wednesday Sep. 30 there are 3 metal shows on the same night:

1) Soulfly, Soilwork, Decapitated
2) Toxic Holocaust, Witchaven, Tormenter
3) Exmortus, Marty Friedman

Why must they make us choose? I'd go to any of those. #3 will likely be the one though.

So here's an upcoming concert list, altogether:

Sep. 26th (tomorrow) Skeletal Remains at Infirmity, Carson

Sep. 30th Exmortus with Marty Friedman at the Whisky

Oct. 6th Overkill and Symphony X at the Regent Theater

Oct. 10th Warbringer with (Dave Lombardo's) Philm at Club Hydra

Oct. 21st All Them Witches, Glass House

Oct. 25th Act of Defiance (Chris Broderick) and Allegaeon

Oct. 31st DRI, Blind Illusion, Witchaven, Madrost at Black Castle, Los Angeles

Nov. 8th Hatchet and Fog of War at "Doll Hut", Anaheim

Nov. 18-19 Havok with Black Breath and Witchaven

Eluveitie was fucking amazing. will post vids later

anyone going to the lobster festival at port o'call?