Southern California Thread

yea the lobster itself tasted good... but the venue was kind of dumpy. oh well

Last edited by a moderator:
that doesn't shock me at all. I remember I saw Ares Kingdom there once like five or six years ago and was amused by it being in the fucking ghetto. What did they have to be raided? Sound equipment? Not a whole lot in there, unless if it's changed

It was raided by cops for permit violations or some shit.

When I heard it was raided I thought it was for drugs/drug use. Ive seen people smoke meth in there, no joke. Place is sketch as fuck.

This coming wednesday Sep. 30 there are 3 metal shows on the same night:

1) Soulfly, Soilwork, Decapitated
2) Toxic Holocaust, Witchaven, Tormenter
3) Exmortus, Marty Friedman

The 15-year old in me wants to go to the first show. Plus I've always wanted to see Decapitated. I saw Soulfly twice, most recently about 3 years ago in Switzerland, and Max Cavalera looked like he was ready to retire on the spot, so no high hopes for them. But fuck it, its just 20 bucks, think I'ma go. Anyone else?

Wow what a shitfest this was. I get here an hour after the door opens and Soilwork is on their last song. Now it's just Soulfly left. Apparently Decapitated didn't get their visas in order so the show got cut short. Now I'm 50 bucks broker after parking, entrance, and a 12 dollar fucking beer. What the fuck.

I saw Decapitated when Vitek was alive and they were excellent. Can't speak to how they are now. Bummer on getting screwed, I've never even had the urge to listen to Soulfly.

Yeah Soulfly sucked some serious peen, as expected. What a bummer. Well, you win some, you lose some.

Exmortus was excellent last night. Bought their new single on vinyl and got it signed by all of the band members. Moshed a few times. Fun night.

Marty Friedman though, ehhh I liked his work with megadeth much better

Wow what a shitfest this was. I get here an hour after the door opens and Soilwork is on their last song. Now it's just Soulfly left. Apparently Decapitated didn't get their visas in order so the show got cut short. Now I'm 50 bucks broker after parking, entrance, and a 12 dollar fucking beer. What the fuck.

Wow that sucks. Haven't ever had a chance to see Decapitated but Soilwork is always good. Never thought Soulfly was any good even when I mostly listened to shitty metal.

California-Deathfest-2015-605x740.jpg

what kind of bands are those? i only know Warbringer. how is the venue? a lot of long beach is ghetto af

what kind of bands are those? i only know Warbringer. how is the venue? a lot of long beach is ghetto af

The ones I know:

Philm - heavy prog rock with some metal thrown in
Ohm - idk, but has 2 members of Megadeth so I'd guess thrash, kind of a stoner metal name though
Exmortus - Neoclassical thrash with some death influences
Warbringer - thrash
Kaustik - groove
Taipan - thrash/prog rock/heavy

Never been to the venue