Special request for next year...

Alex12345

New Metal Member
Jul 9, 2004
Is there any way that the date for Powerfest next year can be pushed out to maybe May, instead of having it in April?
I'm from Southern CA, where the weather never drops below 60 degrees... It's just been way too COLD for me these last 2 years. :cry:

Okay... I'm a wimp.

Aww... poor baby can't take the Chicago weather...
Hehehe. Just teasing you.
I think the date is good as it doesn't compete with other tours and fests.

I need it well-separated from ProgPower so that I can afford to make both shows. The closer CPF gets to PPUSA, the more likely that I'm going to have to make a choice.

booB said:
I need it well-separated from ProgPower so that I can afford to make both shows. The closer CPF gets to PPUSA, the more likely that I'm going to have to make a choice.

Hrmm... let's see. Morgana Lefay, Nocturnal Rites, Agent Steel, etc. VS This year's Prog Power? Doesn't seem like that hard of a choice, unless you are a die hard Evergrey or Jorn fan.

Regardless, both do a DAMN fine job and should be fully supported by all!!!

Jasonic said:
Hrmm... let's see. Morgana Lefay, Nocturnal Rites, Agent Steel, etc. VS This year's Prog Power? Doesn't seem like that hard of a choice, unless you are a die hard Evergrey or Jorn fan.

Actually, I'm a die-hard Mercenary and Circle II Circle fan. I'm also a die-hard fan of the event, no matter who's playing (CPF does always surpass ProgPower USA, lineup-wise, for me). Plus, I am a gold badge holder, and I'm not losing my spot again.

Alex12345 said:
I'm from Southern CA, where the weather never drops below 60 degrees... It's just been way too COLD for me these last 2 years. :cry:

Okay... I'm a wimp.

Although it's usually fairly chilly in early April around here, this year's Powerfest enjoyed temps way into the 50s, if not breaking that 60 mark...can't remember exactly, but I do remember only wearing a regular T-shirt & feeling just fine.

I'm sure you woulda been totally fine with a sweater...hehe.

GateXII said:
Although it's usually fairly chilly in early April around here, this year's Powerfest enjoyed temps way into the 50s, if not breaking that 60 mark...can't remember exactly, but I do remember only wearing a regular T-shirt & feeling just fine.

I'm sure you woulda been totally fine with a sweater...hehe.

Hey, I'm from NYC, so I know all about cold weather. :) I figure as long as it doesn't SNOW it's all good. I f'ing hate, despise, LOATHE snow.

I agree about the timing, too. It's nice to be able to go to both Powerfest and ProgPower, so having them in April and September gives me a chance to scrounge the money. Oh, and it gives my liver a nice break, too. :headbang:

~C

booB said:
Actually, I'm a die-hard Mercenary and Circle II Circle fan. I'm also a die-hard fan of the event, no matter who's playing (CPF does always surpass ProgPower USA, lineup-wise, for me). Plus, I am a gold badge holder, and I'm not losing my spot again.

By losing it again, you lost your spot before? I was curious about this but I have never e-mailed Glenn Harveston about it because I've heard the list is so long with people wanting to get on it and just waiting.

How many years did you have to wait to get a GB again? I would actually consider it, just because with the Ticketmaster fees added to the ticket, I don't even think there is that big of a price difference.

Walter_Langkowski said:
By losing it again, you lost your spot before? I was curious about this but I have never e-mailed Glenn Harveston about it because I've heard the list is so long with people wanting to get on it and just waiting.

How many years did you have to wait to get a GB again? I would actually consider it, just because with the Ticketmaster fees added to the ticket, I don't even think there is that big of a price difference.
I got my GB's by buying them from another GB holder...no waiting list. Of course, I already had regular tix and just sold them for face value, which was easy as it was sold out way in advance. Probably the best way to do it.

I lost my GB during ProgPower III, when I told Glenn I wasn't going to be able to afford to go. It turned out that I was able to go anyway, on a VERY limited budget, but I was no longer on the list. I've just gotten my GB back this year, although I've been to the show every year.

I don't know what exact criteria Glenn uses to offer the abandoned GBs to people, but I'd wager it's a combination between 1) how high up you are on the waiting list, and 2) whether or not you have been a longtime supporter of the fest. I do know that he has always intended the GBs partly as a way to thank his longtime friends/supporters.

Jasonic said:

Regardless, both do a DAMN fine job and should be fully supported by all!!!

Passive Evergrey fan, Massive Jorn fan, but I'm ALL about Freak Kitchen! :)

J-Dubya - Likes the distance between the 2 time-wise, as well. Hope to make it to CPF again next year!
(MAYBE they'll have the expressways done by then?LOL)

(MAYBE they'll have the expressways done by then?LOL)

I can see that happening real soon.:lol: