Sponsoring Primordial to come play in the USA

Why don't some of you guys email Metal Blade requesting this kind of stuff? It may not do any good, but why not try? I'd be surprised if any of you already have.

He does bring up a valid point that there has to be some distinction between fans and promoters. The fans can do as much as they can do, but I would have to believe that the promoters would BY DEFAULT contact every band's label to solicit support. If this becomes more realistic with Primordial, then I'm certain Metal Blade will be contacted by CPF.

A Primordial / Agalloch / another dark band (Novembers Doom? Daylight Dies? Negura Bunget?) US tour

I would go see this ... have you contacted Negru from NB? ... they are trying to put a mini US tour together for at least 6 months already.

this really WOULD be a great tour that if properly promoted would draw nicely.

I won't be able to pledge very much but please try to make this happen. I'm going to Powerfest regardless of who plays, but right now the potential lineup is just overall shit. I'd go to Chicago for Primordial alone.

A Primordial / Agalloch / another dark band (Novembers Doom? Daylight Dies? Negura Bunget?) US tour would be pretty sweet and financially worthwhile if it was done sensibly (like in decent venues, without 6 local openers per show, etc). I’m guessing more than 20 people would come to see that each night. Or fuck it, kick us off and put Wolves In The Throne Room or Ludicra (– bands who can actually tour for more than a week and a half at a time) on the bill.

Sounds fantastic. For what it's worth, in speaking with the CPF folks about Primordial, I also asked about Agalloch. I would love to see a tour as you suggest but I don't know how the logistics of all this works. If a one-off festival is 'easier' to setup then I'm all for doing my part, and right now it looks like all I can do is offer a $ donation.

Of course, given the opportunity…and if the timing was right (i.e. late summer ’08 or something), we’d do our best to be a part of a package like that. Even if it was just one of the coasts. We are overdue for an East Coast jaunt.

Again, sounds great. What is needed to get this in motion?

But I agree with TheGreatDeceiver; this is the job of labels, promoters, and such. It shouldn’t be the fans’ responsibility. I think it is pretty pathetic that Metal Blade hasn’t given Primordial at least one good US tour yet.

I agree but then we're all just cutting our noses to spite our faces because it's not seemingly going to change. Metal Blade aren't showing any indication of giving them a US tour, and so in the meantime, what else can we do?

Folks -- all this thread needs is a 1-2 answer based on post #1. If enough people are willing to donate $ then we can contact Primordial and see if they're even available that weekend! Let's not get over excited just yet. :D

So again, if you want to see Primordial in the states, at CPF on the May 1-3 weekend following PaganFest with Turisas etc, would you be interested in supporting the band coming over?

So why is this sponsorship for Primordial at CPF instead of Primordial at HCIII? [/didntreadentirethread

This is my sentiment exactly. No offense but fuck CPF. With airline, travel, rental wheels, and a pledge to boot, it would be over 1k to see one band. Why don't you throw that cabbage towards Ragnarok where you can see an amazing card from top to bottom? I don't know about you guys, but seeing Suidakra and all that other garbage they're offering would leave me standing in perplexing bewilderment with a banana in hand. I'd literally be exhausted before Nemtheanga doused himself with the blood of a dozen bovines. John and Kris have already given their word that there will be an HCIII, so discounting the upcoming Heathen Crusade as not being a tangible event is simply bullshit. Ali, It seems to me that you're looking for instant gratification, as opposed to waiting and seeing them in the appropriate setting.

There's negars in Chicago right? Yea, count me out.

This is my sentiment exactly. No offense but fuck CPF. With airline, travel, rental wheels, and a pledge to boot, it would be over 1k to see one band.

I'm just trying to factor in the whole PaganFest aspect too, so collectively it's more than just one band. Granted, that tour is going around the country but you know, it could be fun to make a long weekend out of it. Plus several RC folks are going already.

John and Kris have already given their word that there will be an HCIII, so discounting the upcoming Heathen Crusade as not being a tangible event is simply bullshit. Ali, It seems to me that you're looking for instant gratification, as opposed to waiting and seeing them in the appropriate setting.

Thing is, there is no HCIII date confirmed. This is all being thought out BECAUSE of the absence of an HCIII date. It might not even happen until 2009.

Either way, why would CPF preclude one from going to HCIII? If an HCIII date was announced tonight, I'd flick over to expedia and buy my plane ticket in an instant!

Granted, Ragnarok is a fucking wet dream but personally speaking, Europe is probably out of my price range. :erk:

Also there is WAY too much thought being put into this thread LOL.

Let me just preface something again: Primordial have not even been contacted yet. It's entirely likely that Alan & co have a bat mitzvah to attend that weekend and even if we gathered $20K it wouldn't make one iota of difference.

Granted, Ragnarok is a fucking wet dream but personally speaking, Europe is probably out of my price range. :erk:

Bro, a non-stop flight out of NYC to Hamburg is $620 non-stop. How is this any more burdensome on your pocketbook than a $250 pledge and several hundred buck flight to Shitcagonegar? Live Bro! You only have a handful of breaths in this insufferable lifetime, so why shit them away on Suidakra I say?!! If I were with in driving range I'm sure I would be attending just for something to do, but to get on a plane and fly to this sheet blows me away. Where the fuck was everyone for Noctis Valkyries?!?! :confused:

Bro, a non-stop flight out of NYC to Hamburg is $620 non-stop. How is this any more burdensome on your pocketbook than a $250 pledge and several hundred buck flight to Shitcagonegar? Live Bro! You only have a handful of breaths in this insufferable lifetime, so why shit them away on Suidakra I say?!! If I were with in driving range I'm sure I would be attending just for something to do, but to get on a plane and fly to this sheet blows me away. Where the fuck was everyone for Noctis Valkyries?!?! :confused:

I hear you my man. Here's the deal for me: I don't think I can afford $620. In contrast, the flight to Chicago is $198. To add, I think I can scramble enough frequent flyer miles (25,000) to cover the flight to Chicago as opposed to Frankfurt (100,000).

Also, factor in hotel costs. When you're paying in Euros, you have to double that to convert into US $.

I figure, with the money I save on a free flight to Chicago, I can donate that to CPF and make it just one step closer to getting a band like Primordial added to the bill and make the whole weekend hopefully great in lieu of going to Europe.

Why not just add that $250 to the Heathen Crusade cause?! :dopey:

CPF is in May, HC should be manifesting around Sept.

Surely you have something you can pawn which can pay your way to Deutschland. :)

There's negars in Chicago right? Yea, count me out.

No no, you're confused, the show is actually in Mokena, which a suburb so far away from Chicago that you might even see a silo or two nearby. 96.87% White, 0.49% African American. That should help change your mind!

While something like Ragnarok still might more sense to me (if I wasn't local to CPF), JK does bring up a good point that the exchange rate makes a serious difference between internal travel vs. overseas travel these days.

Neil

Why not just add that $250 to the Heathen Crusade cause?! :dopey:

If HC announced a date, I'd be all for it. Right now I'm working on the premise that CPF is my last hope for a festival in 2008.

CPF is in May, HC should be manifesting around Sept.

Did I miss some update?! Also, is it assumed that Primordial would play HCIII? Not that it matters since I'd go either way, I'm just curious.