Spreading the love! With impulses...

To be honest I think that your previous tones are better, smoother and fuller...
This is a bit harsh for my taste, the whole mix should be smoothered a bit... is a bit ear fatiguing...
The bass is crushing, what did you use? Really nice!

Let that snare breathe a bit more, sounds like the compression attack is too fast...

To be honest I think that your previous tones are better, smoother and fuller...
This is a bit harsh for my taste, the whole mix should be smoothered a bit... is a bit ear fatiguing...
The bass is crushing, what did you use? Really nice!

Let that snare breathe a bit more, sounds like the compression attack is too fast...

I can totally hear the earfatiguing point here at work. DAMNIT!

I would take some of the high mids out of the guitar sound. It's roughly the 3k area killing it and causing a lot of the ear fatigue. They sound really 'pushed', over-EQd or something.

I'd say the issues you're running into getting a true mic'ed tone are more due to the impulses than your own methods. Impulses aren't there yet. The best way I've found to mask the static nature of them is to quad-track using two fairly differently voiced impulses that work well together. So perhaps if you make one with the ENGL cab and one with the Carvin that blend together well, you can go from there.

I would take some of the high mids out of the guitar sound. It's roughly the 3k area killing it and causing a lot of the ear fatigue. They sound really 'pushed', over-EQd or something.

I'd say the issues you're running into getting a true mic'ed tone are more due to the impulses than your own methods. Impulses aren't there yet. The best way I've found to mask the static nature of them is to quad-track using two fairly differently voiced impulses that work well together. So perhaps if you make one with the ENGL cab and one with the Carvin that blend together well, you can go from there.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeah impulses is more a lazy way for me to record rather than going to the rehearsal and record there. I know that I eventually go back to record a real amp but I need to convince myself that I can't get the same tone using impulses ;)