SSD Essential no brainer $20

fack sakes.....

I bought the 20$ 3.5 special when it was on sale. It was ok, but I really didnt like the interface, so I never used it.

But now I see this, and I cant demo it. So im forced to cough up 20$

The main reason why im spending another 20$ is because I love what Slate is bringing to the table in terms of these kinds of specials and the plugins he is creating as of late. It's a good system and I support affordable plugins and good customer support....

Tbh the new samples sound MUCH better than the old 3.5 ones anyway, well worth the purchase price!

Best $20 I have spent in a long time - sounds amazing and the SSD4 player is very cool. Sweet!!!

Gonna have some killer upgrades coming for SSD4 Essentials folks! Definitely take advantage of this deal.. I chose some of my favorite kit pieces for this pack!

Cheers,
Steven

Does this have a front end ala SD2.0 or is it just a collection of samples?

A friend bought it and can't get it to install properly.

Sounds awesome, and I think one nice sounding kit for 20$ is fucking nice.

Vicioushead, it's really easy to install: Just double click on installer, choose folder, install. Then copy the library somewhere in your hard drive. Then download license. Then open your DAW, put an instance of SSD Player. Then locate the library and license file under settings tab. Done.

Anyone else getting the low memory error on pieces of the kits?

I know this has to be something dead simple but I can't find it - looks like it's maxing out at 1Gig of RAM but I have 6 (3 should be accessible in XP 32-bit).

I'm still in Protools 7.

Im also having problems with this. Im running PT8 on vista w/ an i7 and 8gb RAM. Im getting low memory error on all cymbals, and only a few multi's per drum will load.

Can anyone shed some light? Mr. Slate?

Guys a question: how big is the dl for ssd essential? Would like to purchase it but not that great of a connection here..

Just purchased this about 40 mins ago. Only got a confirmation email, no activation link yet.

When I view order status on the site, it says shipping estimated Sept. 4-7.....I'm guessing I'll just end up with another email soon, hopefully?

Bought these a few days ago. Not bad, even with minimal processing!
Will be using them on a strange post-rock-ATDI-type thing I'm doing for a couple friends of mine.

Just placed the order, said what the heck, it's just 20 $, i may have spend that amount of money on a meal, why not on something that will last and improve my sound.