St. Anger sucks?

St Anger Sucks?

• Yes

Votes: 60 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters
Nope, kicks ass. Especially when I get other metal-heads' reactions to it. I love it when they splutter and gurgle in indignation when I inform them of how much I liked the album.
Amazingly heart-felt vocals, great lyrics (always one of Metallica's best and most overlooked attribute), improved drumming (Lars goes back to playing like an over-excited not-too-talented teenager), decent musical structure (although some riffs become a little redundant), and Kirk finally stops playing solos! :D Damn his leads sucked after the Black Album.

Oh, and as for the production, no use bashing Bob Rock and the boys. They were quite overt about the fact that they put very minimal effort in the actual production of the album. And name one rock group that even approaches Metallica's popularity and influence that has the balls to put out an album featuring a snare that has no expander on it :headbang:

Mind you, it has decreased in replay value due to the quality of recordings released after St. Anger, i.e. Enemies of Reality (Nevermore) and Death Cult Armageddon (Dimmu), Train of Thought (Dream Theater)...

But still, Metallica kicks all our asses again :headbang:

:worship: Hail the Ultimate Pisser-Offers :worship:

Oh yeah , it's great ! , they should have taken leadguitaring away from Kirk along time ago , it sounds alot better , oh and don't forget monkeyman , a true reflection of their mental capacity , yeah who needs Jason , he was getting too heavy for the Metallicats , he didn't have the right "monkeymoves" - your answer Lucifer's Foskin is ...no! ofcoarse it don't suck! - it's METALLICA GODDEMMIT!!

Here's some advice: when you join a forum, lurk for a while, and read some old threads, to find out about the general culture of the forum. This would allow to to avoid looking like a fucking retard when posting there. If you had done this, you would know that the general attitude towards "St. Anger" in this forum is that it's a horrible horrible travesty, a blight upon metal. There is no "outlieing" (that isn't a word, btw) question as to whether it sucks at all.

It's one of the most groundbreaking death metal albums of all time. Metallica have set the standard yet again, i bow down to their amazing skills. I get tingles in my balls just listening to the snare drum

That's like, asking if the sky is blue and the grass is green.
It blows and you need your ears cleaned out for thinking otherwise.

polarity said:
Here's some advice: when you join a forum, lurk for a while, and read some old threads, to find out about the general culture of the forum. This would allow to to avoid looking like a fucking retard when posting there. If you had done this, you would know that the general attitude towards "St. Anger" in this forum is that it's a horrible horrible travesty, a blight upon metal. There is no "outlieing" (that isn't a word, btw) question as to whether it sucks at all.
heh, well said.... it would certainly do people good.

i agree that st. anger sucks but when you think about it it could have turned out a lot worse. st anger actually turned out to be a lot better than i was expecting it to be but it still sucks. but to give metallica some credit, for five entire albums they did not even write one bad song. of course metallica was going to get crappy in time like pretty much every other band like slayer megadeth and anthrax. what metal needs is a new band that actually writes good music instead of a bunch of nerds wearing face paint. sadly, these geeks are what metal is now. it saddens me.

poltergeist is absolutely right. they cannot be good all of the time. they reached their peak at MOP, then slammed down, rose a little with black and then started descending into crap.

Yeah, because whether a band wears facepaint is obviously a brilliant method of judging their quality :rolleyes:

those eurotrash death bands dont suck because they wear face paint they suck because they all sound and look the same and quite frankly theyre boring. they just all happen to wear face paint and dress like the trenchcoat mafia so thats the easiest way to generalize them

those eurotrash death bands dont suck because they wear face paint they suck because they all sound and look the same and quite frankly theyre boring. they just all happen to wear face paint and dress like the trenchcoat mafia so thats the easiest way to generalize them

i totally agree again