Stand-Up Comedy Thread

damn they really shit on him :lol: netflix money is real

i thought they went easy on him tbh, they'd be way harder on him if they knew all the shit he's said about them over the years lol. there's been enough shitting on barbara walters to fill a whole compilation but i couldn't find one alas.

this joke kills me every time lmao

Reactions: CiG
i've been to the comedy store in manchester, it was aight. most of the stand-ups i like are american though, we tend to do better in a TV show format. the only brits i'd go and see are brian limond and stewart lee.

I mostly prefer Americans, too. This place has a pretty good variety, though. This past Friday had a couple of English ones and an Irish one and the week before was American/Norwegian/Irish or something.

You see Lee's Content Provider tour?

on iplayer yeah, my dad saw it live. twas one of his better specials IMO, i think he's been better this decade than the previous, not sure if many people agree with that.

on iplayer yeah, my dad saw it live. twas one of his better specials IMO, i think he's been better this decade than the previous, not sure if many people agree with that.

Yeah, I'd put it alongside Carpet Remnant World as one of his best. Was good in London.

I get people not liking his comedy but it's amazing how many genuinely seem not to get that it's an act and criticize it for really daft reasons. But he's 'liberal leftie luvvie metropolitan elite' so, obviously, a cunt.

Then you get the wankers that go on about how they get it but that it's not funny because he's delivering it in a specific way, as if that's not exactly what all fucking comedians do.

I've probably seen this a few too many times to really enjoy it now but first time I laughed hard. Some of the delivery is amazing.

"Noddy Holder from Slade controls the faggot supply."

Most Australian comedians are shitty so not much to see locally over here. I've seen some international comics though, ironically the two most recent ones were from the U.K. lol, Dylan Moran and Noel Fielding. Both were great, the latter's show was a fucking crazy show.

I've been to an open mic variety thing here a few times and delivered some of my lyrics as poetry, so seen a few comedians at that. Sometimes comedy goes down terribly there because there isn't enough of an audience to get a laugh going at a joke even if it's somewhat funny.

About the only notable comedians I've seen live are Reggie Watts, and Heath Franklin as Chopper. Also saw Adrian Edmondson's band The Bad Shepherds.