STAR ONE-Space Metal

I own it :D
and yes it is very good.
Dan's, Russel's and Floor's singing are all very good and the music is exellent. Arjen knows how to make good prog metal. One of the best of 2002 imo :)

I own it Also ;) is very very cool :D yeah Russell sings in a spectacular way :headbang: my fave song is The Eye of RA.... ufff the end has so much feeling, the chorus and all the vocals.. beautiful :)

Originally posted by Lutz
I own it :D
and yes it is very good.
Dan's, Russel's and Floor's singing are all very good and the music is exellent. Arjen knows how to make good prog metal. One of the best of 2002 imo :)

I agree that the singing is excellent but the drumming isn't proggressive enough for my taste and with all the great releases already out this year and a few hopefuls yet to come I know that this release won't make my top ten for the year.

I don't know what it is about Star One but I love 'em. They are quite different from the things I normally listen to but I just can't get them out of my head.

I own Star One since when it was released and after a couple of spins i can say as well it's one of my fav releases of this year!!! :)
IMO the fusion of the different voices into the choirs is incredible... it's one of the things i love most in this album.. the keyboards and all the space effects are simply wonderful.. all is perfectly balanced!!! :)
And last but not least, Russell's performance is fantastic, with a truckload of feeling :p
You may not like Arjen's style (erethic!!!) but this album is really worth the buy!!!

X-Greets,
Knight_

I love it ,I play it alot on my show and always get great response from it. Russell sings godly on it,but he voice on Master of Darkness is down right demonic :devil: I wish I could cath the live show,they better put it out on video!!!

Bear

I wish I had a camera, I'd catch the whole gig LOL
I'm so glad they play near my hometown! ticket saved *whew*

Yeah, Sir Russell is one of the carrying voices on that album for sure. Although he is one of my most fave singers, I wasn't saying that b/c he is one of my all-time fave singers, though. It's just a f*a*c*t!

He can sing from sweet to demonic, that's for sure! The feeling of his absolute fantastic voice grabs me. But "Starchild" gives me the chill.

I'm still wondering, if he'd really go out on that tour with Arjen. OMG...

[plug] Check out Star One's keyboard player's band: http://www.suncaged.com [/plug]

bier.gif