Star Wars Vent

Where/when do you think Yoda learned that?

It's heavily implied if not outright stated in Empire/ROTJ that it's part of the old Jedi ethos. Not a personal realisation.

Did you miss the part where Yoda realizes that he completely fucked up and "into exile I must go"? His character completely changes between III and V as he realizes his mistakes. In II he leads a clone army. In I he constantly disagrees with Qui-Gon's methods. Yoda is so stubborn about his ways that it takes the tragedies at the end of III for Yoda to realize that QuiGon was right all along. He can't beat the dark side with a light saber. Only through QuiGon's teachings.

You're making a complicated analysis of a character that is essentially presented as a flying green ninja. Stop, and see things for what they are.

The worst thing about most Star Wars haters is the ignorance of their criticisms.

Get George's ass hair out of your mouth.

You're making a complicated analysis of a character that is essentially presented as a flying green ninja. Stop, and see things for what they are.

You should heed your own advice here. You should try to see Star Wars for what it is. It is not about flying green ninjas. It is more complex than that. Go look at that link I posted. It's fucking brilliant.

I think the disconnect here is that there are multiple levels on which movies can be successful and while GGI is making a strong case for the nuance and complexity of the stories and shot selection, the prequels (in particular the first one) fail -- for the vast majority of viewers -- on a very basic level of acting and story telling. However successful it is on deeper levels appreciated by star wars PhD's who do scene by scene comparisons is great but it's still reasonable to expect that the acting and dialog won't sound like a fourth grade play.

You should heed your own advice here. You should try to see Star Wars for what it is. It is not about flying green ninjas. It is more complex than that. Go look at that link I posted. It's fucking brilliant.

You're right, it's not. You should be as pissed off as anyone else at turning Yoda and the entire franchise into a caricature ridden awful mess.

Not sure why everyone's freaking out. Disney owns Pixar & Marvel, and those two studios seem to do well.... Avengers, anyone?

Well, I don't know for you guys, but I found the avengers incredibly terrible. That's today's hollywood blockbuster at its "finest". They do well at making money and entertainment, not 7th art masterpieces that make history

EDIT : Pixar themselves are good, so my hope is in them

Well, I don't know for you guys, but I found the avengers incredibly terrible. That's today's hollywood blockbuster at its "finest". They do well at making money and entertainment, not 7th art masterpieces that make history

EDIT : Pixar themselves are good, so my hope is in them
Yea Avengers and pretty much every "comic book" movie are stupid as fuck... Batman is alright, so is star wars... Even when I was kid and saw spiderman I thought, what the heck is this? This skinny nerd is suppose to be a hero?

I don't get the hate on the prequels, they are SUPPOSE to tell the story that already existed, so if you hate them then you hate star wars...

Whats wrong with flying green ninjas anyways? You don't see yoda 10% as much as anakin or obiwan in the entire franchise, so how the flying fuck could these movies be about flying ninjas? Hell you only see Yoda use a lightsaber in 2 episodes like 4 fucking times.

I dont think the prequels are horrible, but they are not great eitheir. BUT man, jar jar binks it´s the most annoying, useless character in the cinema history.

Where/when do you think Yoda learned that? Did you miss the part where Yoda realizes that he completely fucked up and "into exile I must go"? His character completely changes between III and V as he realizes his mistakes. In II he leads a clone army. In I he constantly disagrees with Qui-Gon's methods. Yoda is so stubborn about his ways that it takes the tragedies at the end of III for Yoda to realize that QuiGon was right all along. He can't beat the dark side with a light saber. Only through QuiGon's teachings.

The worst thing about most Star Wars haters is the ignorance of their criticisms.

You are such a loser.

I think the disconnect here is that there are multiple levels on which movies can be successful and while GGI is making a strong case for the nuance and complexity of the stories and shot selection, the prequels (in particular the first one) fail -- for the vast majority of viewers -- on a very basic level of acting and story telling. However successful it is on deeper levels appreciated by star wars PhD's who do scene by scene comparisons is great but it's still reasonable to expect that the acting and dialog won't sound like a fourth grade play.

+1 trillion, and is there any confirmation of all the supposed genius behind all these shots and Yoda's eating of humble Dagobah pie and all that? Cuz if there's one thing I hate, it's endless waxing about symbolism and "what the author was REALLY trying to say," when most of it is totally speculative (the biggest example being all the self-righteous Mass Effect fans who were convinced of the Reaper indoctrination theory after ME3's dogshit original ending - then, surprise, it was bullshit all along, much as I would have liked it to be true).

In short, I thought the movies sucked, and Genius, much as I love ya, I think you're giving Lucas WAY too much credit;)

The hilarious thing is, even George Lucas knew he'd fucked it up. It's all through the special features 'behind the scenes' documentary shit that they give you. Even at one point after the first edit, he's like "Yup. I think we put too much in it." and all the head honcho's are standing around in a kitchen drinking beers, trying to rationalize what they've done.

So to see someone like GGI telling people that they're idiots for not getting it, and that they're really good movies that deliver on numerous levels... it's just such blind fucking fanboi bullshit.

I repeat: EVEN GEORGE LUCAS KNOWS THOSE MOVIES ARE SHIT!

You are such a loser.

Öwen;10460135 said:
:lol:

Someone had to say it.

Thanks, guys. That's probably why I enjoy metal so much. Because I am such a loser and do not operate like everyone else.

Edit: I don't remember being called a loser since high school. Brings back some memories.
Edit 2: 5,000th post. Wow. Guess I am a loser.

Fair enough. But to enjoy the films the way they were meant to be enjoyed, the "loser" way, you don't even pay attention to the acting.

I remember when I got out of seeing III opening night, people were saying it was "good but, man, the acting was so bad!!" I did not understand what they were talking about. Did not even occur to me.

The hilarious thing is, even George Lucas knew he'd fucked it up. It's all through the special features 'behind the scenes' documentary shit that they give you. Even at one point after the first edit, he's like "Yup. I think we put too much in it." and all the head honcho's are standing around in a kitchen drinking beers, trying to rationalize what they've done.

^Please cite because in the videos I have seen, I do not remember seeing George Lucas acknowledging that he fucked it up.

^Please cite because in the videos I have seen, I do not remember seeing George Lucas acknowledging that he fucked it up.

As I said, watch:

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Then go look up the sources. There are scenes where it is easily demonstrable that the whole crew realised they hadn't made a coherent movie at all, that it was jumbled up mess, and that to take any parts out would screw it up even further. So they just left it and buried their heads in the sand.

Contrary to Glenn's statement, I haven't just watched these reviews and jumped on a bandwagon. I have watched all the Star Wars movies over and over, trying to find something to like in the prequels is like trying to find jizz in a corpse.

maybe i'm remembering wrong, but hasn't it been almost a decade since the last prequel came out?

seriously, who gives a fuck at this point?