Started building my (small) studio

All panels are in place.

CR%20all%20ceiling%20panels%2001.jpg

CR%20wall%20panels%2001.jpg

CR%20wall%20panels%2002.jpg

All panels in the recording room are also installed but are at the moment covered in plastic because final paintings are on course.
Final%20paintings%2001.jpg

Some door jambs had to be painted again due to damages in the painting done by someone.
frustrated.gif

Final%20paintings%2002.jpg

Final%20paintings%2003.jpg

As final paintings are taking place, and Argosy replacement parts are still in customs, I'm posting more pics of the ceiling panels and the recording room rack with the rack rails installed, ready to accept the panels.

Argosy and portuguese FedEx/Rangel are not agreeing with the custom taxes so I'm the one who is suffering with it. :erk:

Meanwhile I discovered a panel that had the holes drilled a little out of place. Once again Argosy promptly agreed to send replacement by express shipping.
They have great support.
I only wish they could get to an understanding with the portuguese FedEx/Rangel.

Control room
CR%20all%20ceiling%20panels%2002.jpg

Recording room
RR%20all%20ceiling%20panels%2001.jpg

RR%20all%20ceiling%20panels%2002.jpg

Recording room rack
Recording%20Room%20Rack%2003.jpg

This week problem :mad:

Almost all automatic door bottoms are damaged. Only one is fine.
I don't know if it was from shipping or installing the doors, or even from taking the doors off and installing them again.
What I know is that the doors bottoms were not working as they should, so I took them off to see that they were damaged.

The set on top is the only one that's fine, the other 3 on the bottom are damaged
Automatic%20doors%20bottoms%20damaged%2001.jpg

damages
Automatic%20doors%20bottoms%20damaged%2002.jpg

The good news is that the Redco order has arrived
RedCo%20order%20arrived%2001.jpg

More problems :mad:

When cleaning the underneath cables chanels I couldn't get the cleaning mop I was using to pass through one of the channels.
When I looked inside I saw (what you can see below on the pic) why it wouldn't pass through, it had an electrical wire on top of the channel between the rooms and it had 4 screws of the wall framing that were screwed on top of the channels.
I said about 1000 times to be careful to not screw the structure on top where the channels were, but they did it!!!!!! :mad:

Let's see how can I get it fixed, the electrical wire problem doesn't seem very difficult to fix but the screws are not all within easy reach.

Screws%20in%20the%20cables%20channel%2001.jpg

Oh jesus I want to see pictures of you unboxing that Redco order!

Not pictures of me unboxing but I have it all outside the box in this pic. :)

RedCo%20order%2001.jpg

Hahahaha holy shit any order I've ever made from them absolutely pales in comparison to that pile of cabley goodness!

Sucks about the channel, though... Would it be possible to send some kind of hard snake or rod down and bend them upwards?

Use a billiards cue.
Already tried that, didn't solve the problem :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear about the Channel bullcrap man. You've got a beautiful studio in the works man!

I'm at the moment passing cables through the channels.

The electrical wire on the problematic channel has been pulled higher to pass over the channel
I'm sawing the screws tips. It's the best way I found to get rid of them. It will be very time consuming but it will give the best results.
I tried to bend them but they are very strong, and since I don't have too much space to work (the channel is 4,5cm high x 25cm wide) it's even harder to bend them.

Cables%20through%2001.jpg

Cables%20through%2002.jpg

The entrance floor tiles are being installed.
Entrance%20floor%2001.jpg

Awesome studio Dude. Been following this for a minute. I worked with a company that built a few studios in Chicago and we had that (nail/screw) problem happen once. We took a long piece of conduit and was able to knock the screw tips off. Luckily, we did it BEFORE the owner seen it :)
Very nice setup indeed!!! :headbang:

Next to my normal savings I am saving up for my little studio in my garage once I move out of my parents house (that will be within the next 12 months). That studio savings has about 5000 euro on it. Nice budget, by far not enough offcourse to do something like this.
But I'm just curious what alone the hvac would have cost? That probally is allready around 2000 right? Because your rooms need fresh air offcourse!

But yeah, just curious about that price :)

Awesome studio Dude. Been following this for a minute. I worked with a company that built a few studios in Chicago and we had that (nail/screw) problem happen once. We took a long piece of conduit and was able to knock the screw tips off. Luckily, we did it BEFORE the owner seen it :)
Very nice setup indeed!!! :headbang:

You got away easily with that one :cool:

In my case that would be impossible because I couldn't get the piece of conduit inside the channel because the openings are only about 25cm x 30cm so it had to be a flexible conduit, being flexible it wouldn't have the strength to bend the screw tips.

If you did it in my studio you would get "screwed" :lol:

Next to my normal savings I am saving up for my little studio in my garage once I move out of my parents house (that will be within the next 12 months). That studio savings has about 5000 euro on it. Nice budget, by far not enough offcourse to do something like this.
But I'm just curious what alone the hvac would have cost? That probally is allready around 2000 right? Because your rooms need fresh air offcourse!

But yeah, just curious about that price :)

The HVAC alone costed about 6000Eur o_O

It's 2 independent machines and circuits, one for each room, plus the conduits that are in this case all lined with the foam/rubber.

This type of machines aren't cheap and being Daikin dosen't help either, it's not a cheap brand, you could get a cheaper brand and different type of machines, but I didn't want to save money on something so important for my health :)

The HVAC alone costed about 6000Eur o_O

It's 2 independent machines and circuits, one for each room, plus the conduits that are in this case all lined with the foam/rubber.

This type of machines aren't cheap and being Daikin dosen't help either, it's not a cheap brand, you could get a cheaper brand and different type of machines, but I didn't want to save money on something so important for my health :)

€ 6000 :OMG:

I have been checking to houses here in the neighbourhood where I would probally want to live. I had sort of a 2000 euro budget maxed out on the airco. I know that also here in Holland by having an "approved" brand will get you 30 or 40% in return from the government, because of health and environment issues. I know Daikin actually is one of those brands.

My room probally won't be so exclusive as yours, allthough yes, having a good HVAC system is really nice.

I just spent an entire lunch break at work reading this thread, with my mouth open and drooling pretty much the entire time. So fantastic of you to share this construction with everyone here.

Obrigado!