Status Update

Hello my friends! Looks like everyone is anxiously awaiting the new material, I personally can't wait for it! You guys are extremely talented and your music is in a class all it's own! Panzer, thought I would roll over here and say hello to everybody while I have a few minutes to do so. Condemnation said it best " us fans are lucky to have you guys "! I recently went back and listened to the progression through the last albums and can't wait to see where you go this time.
Take care of yourselves!

Thanks for the kind words, js71474. We'll do our best to come up with the best album we possibly can.

Right now the writing of the lyrics are on hold for a few weeks. I'm rehearsing for a rockshow I'm doing here in Söderhamn on March 28 and it takes too much of my time. As soon as I've done that show I'm going back into writing mode though. I know the rest of the guys are busy recording their parts as we're doing demos for every track this time around, which I don't think has ever happened before. It's great to be able to sit down and really hear the songs instead of just playing them in the rehearsalroom. I think it will have a very positive effect on the final outcome.

Still awaiting word from the label about the tracks we've sent them. We'll get back to you about this asap.

I'm also in touch with Oliver Philipps regarding the vocalrecordings. He's such a blessing to work with when it comes to vocalrecordings and a true genious when it comes to harmonies and arranging music. I hope we'll be able to fly him over from Germany to Sweden when the time comes to record the songs "for real". I have to record at home this time around since I'm busy with work and my daughter. Speaking of kids, whatever happened to time? Ever since Freya was born I find myself not having time left for even half the stuff I'd like to do. Oh well, I guess it's just something I need to get used to. :)

Take care!

Hello my friends! Looks like everyone is anxiously awaiting the new material, I personally can't wait for it! You guys are extremely talented and your music is in a class all it's own! Panzer, thought I would roll over here and say hello to everybody while I have a few minutes to do so. Condemnation said it best " us fans are lucky to have you guys "! I recently went back and listened to the progression through the last albums and can't wait to see where you go this time.
Take care of yourselves!

Well I'll be damned! Good to see you in here JS. I guess one forum isn't enough for you, right? I hope you're doing well my friend. Thanks for the kind words - we're happy to have you in our crowd of fans!

Welcome to the Wolverine Forum!

Cheers

So, summer is approaching, and this means, that at least for me, a huge amount of work is put aside as a term of studies is complete. With the upcoming Rockweekend gig, things need to happen in the rehearsal room soon enough. We also need to put more effort into completing the material for our upcoming album Communication Lost. We're all thrilled about the new material and even though we're slow moving we want this release to become reality ASAP! Each time I listen to the demo tracks of the new songs, something happens inside of me... even though one would perhaps assume that it's tiring to hear your own songs over and over, I have to tell you it's the opposite way around. They just get better and better and better... and I can't wait to see the day when the new material is presented to all of our true and patient fans!

Thank you
/Thomas

Yesterday's performance at the Rockweekend festival was an interesting experience. It was great fun to play on such a huge stage, but at the same time it was difficult to 'communicate' with the audience due to the distance between us and them. I have to say I didn't really get 'into' the mode I really had wanted to, but all in all I believe the band did a good job music-wise while on stage. Thanks everyone who showed up to watch and hear us play! And many thanks to the stage crew – they were amazing! We had the best stage sound ever!

So, now we'll continue the process of making Communication Lost. Deadlines will be set – more work will be done! We haven't got very far to go before we can start recordning the basics, and it would be sweet to be able to finish this one off before the end of this year.

More info to come

/Thomas

Here are 3 of my shots (many more + review soon on Metal Discovery!):

Wolverine1_RW2009.JPG

Wolverine2_RW2009.JPG

Wolverine3_RW2009.JPG

From a spectator point of view, it was a set of general Wolverine awesomeness :kickass:

Forgive me if I've missed the news, but when will the new Wolverine disc be available? Can we expect a release in 2009? I'm going to go a bit batty if I have to wait much longer ;)

Thanks,

Britt

Forgive me if I've missed the news, but when will the new Wolverine disc be available? Can we expect a release in 2009? I'm going to go a bit batty if I have to wait much longer ;)

Thanks,

Britt

Thanks for checking in Britt!

Hopefully we'll start recording the basics, such as drums, bass, basic keys, sometime this coming autumn or possibly early winter. I doubt that the album will be released before the end of this year, but if everything runs in a smooth fashion, there is a possibility that the release might take place sometime during the first few months of 2010.

Sorry to keep you waiting. All I can say is that Wolverine is on the move and that we're looking to nail this motherf***er as soon as possible!

Cheers,
Thomas

An early 2010 release would be nice, I guess. Better than nothing at all.

Would it help if we lock you up and throw away the key?

Maybe that's the way to do it! Well... we really want all this new material to be released, so I don't see anything stopping us from doing so. On a personal level I have to say that if there's ONE thing that I need to do before I die or stop playing music at all, it would be to record and release the new album. I'm very very very proud over the new songs and I can't wait to have everyone listening to them!

/TJ

Still was released in 2005 and the follow up will be released in 2010. I hope it's not a trend we're seeing here... 5 years between each album is a bit much! :)

Actually it was recorded in 2005 and released in 2006 so it's only four years apart. He, he...

Seriously, this extreme delay has many factors but I hope and believe that we are past that now. I'm extremely frustrated of how slow things have moved and I'll do all in my power to speed everything up now. "Communication lost" needs to see the light of day asap.

Thanks for the response, guys .. sounds like things are moving in the right direction. That is excellent to hear. Hopefully the process will run smoothly for you guys and the world will be graced with a glorious new Wolverine disc in 2010.

Britt

As we have stated, the work-in-progress runs onward. I know Stefan has written the lyrics for another song or two – perhaps he would even like to tell us a bit about it? I'm also struggling to put together a text for the album's ballad (so to speak). It's quite a slow process because one really needs to believe what is finally put on paper. I need to believe the stories I tell – the stories must feel very much alive (or dead for that matter). This ballad will not be about anything joyous, nor will it depict anything looking like hope or a possible future. Hope to have it done before soon.

Cheers,
Thomas