Status Update

Dear friends and fans

This weekend we're trying to get some bass tracks nailed for our upcoming album Communication Lost.. So far the actual recording of the bass has run fairly well, but we've had quite a bit of trouble with some of the equipment - noisy cabinetsc+ mixers not communicating with computers + other studio gear that seemingly lives a life on its own. Anyway, there will most likely be some footage posted on the Wolverine homepage before long.

Cheers

I'm eagerly awaiting your next album, hope it will top Still (which for me, was among the best releases of 2006 (actually I kept listening over the years ofc, but you know what I mean))

Hope your recording session will be smooth!

Cheers :kickass:

I'm eagerly awaiting your next album, hope it will top Still (which for me, was among the best releases of 2006 (actually I kept listening over the years ofc, but you know what I mean))

Hope your recording session will be smooth!

Cheers :kickass:

Thanks a lot for the kind words about Still. Of course the new album will beat our previous one, hehe. In my opinion this will be the best stuff we ever did - the new album will be a lot more depressive/awkward and emotional.

I hope it will be as good as Cold Light Of Monday, which is my personal favorite. I do like Still, but for me it didn't come close to CLOM

Perhaps this new release will resemble CLoM more when it somes to the sensitive and emotional 'spheres' of music or whatever I can say to describe the characteristics of Communication Lost. I bet you will like it if you enjoy CLoM as much as you seem to do!

Thomas

Perhaps this new release will resemble CLoM more when it somes to the sensitive and emotional 'spheres' of music or whatever I can say to describe the characteristics of Communication Lost. I bet you will like it if you enjoy CLoM as much as you seem to do!

Thomas

Well, I can hardly wait to hear the new cd. Any idea when it will be released?

Hope not SO depressive indeed :D

Well, I for one get into different moods when I listen to the stuff we've got so far. Although I've been taking part in the process of making these songs, I am still very touched by them. Perhaps they won't come out as depressing as I tend to talk about them, but I guess it all depends on who listens to the songs and what kind of mood that person is in.

Well, I can hardly wait to hear the new cd. Any idea when it will be released?

Nope, sorry. I do hope there will be a release sometime during the fall of 2010. Glad to hear you're eager to hear the stuff! It feels reassuring.

Grand Piano recorded yesterday. Things went well. Some images can be found on the homepage.

DSC_0117.jpg

Image Copyright: Mattias Olsson

Today (or rather tonight) the recording of guitar starts. Mikael will record during evenings since he has to work during the days.

We set the stuff up yesterday at a friend's place. He has built his own studio and it has a very nice and relaxed feeling to it. I will also do my vocals there, starting this coming weekend (when Oliver has arrived).

We will of course post pics and videos from the studio.

I have a great feeling about this... :)

I'm listening right now to what I hope will be the final mix. The songs sound amazing! I've never experienced such a difference in sound between the recording phase and the mixing phase. I was blown away the first time I heard what magic Jacob Hansens has added to the songs.

Everyone in the band will listen to the songs these coming days and if everyone like what they hear it's on to mastering!

As soon as there is progression we'll let you know about it.

Can't stop listening to "Still" and can't wait for the new record!! In my opinion, Wolverine is criminally underrated.