Status

So it's been almost a year since the last post on this thread, and almost two years since Asgeir last posted. Can we PLEASE get an update? I would love nothing more than a new record, but at least a word on the band's status would be nice!

i'm guessing that in order to get inspiration for their next album, the band relocated to proxima centauri and thus it takes a few years for our messages to reach them, and a few more for theirs to come back.

seems like the most logical explanation.

Reactions: Scrawled
best thing that the old album is still there :D and that Ron Jarzombek keeps getting them out. Considering how busy Asgeir is with his other projects i assume that ASU is the first and last album from Spiral Architect. if they would release something now, there is no way it would live up to the hype that we feel on spark of a thought of it. I am really curious what would they do if they would actually get around to make an allbum. Spiral Architect RULEZ !!!

I even wonder if this forum is still active. But it is good to walk around it from time to time...

...Any news?

Just one word for you guys.... "CYNIC"... does it ring a bell ?!
They made us wait 14 years to get another album !!

was it a painful wait? Yes
was our patience driven to new heights? yes
was hope lost at most intervals of the wait? yes
was the new album WORTH THE WAIT? ABSO-F*CKIN-LUTELY

... I just hope the guys from Spiral Architect are NOT trying to break Cynic's record ! Are you "Asgeir" ? ;o(

Cynic's return was a HUGE letdown for me. They have taken a BIG step back from Focus and simplified everything. I did not like that. I do not like Cynic for it's clean vocals and sugar coated solos which the last few album had in large doses. I want them to progress and leave Focus behind but I don't want them to become Paul Masdival Band. Twisted Into Form showed that it was possible to preserve that Florida sound while adding more accessible "pop" elements. Cynic could have taken a similar path, and could have pulled it off in a higher musical standard but instead they went all "pop".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/spiral_architect/fountainhead_power_tab.htm

There's a tab of Fountainhead here, done with guitars and i believe bass.. It sounds closes but there are some parts that sound off.. maybe you guys could check it out?

Yeah some parts are wrong, here and there. One of these days I'll make a proper tab of that song, at least the bass lines. I'm half way into the song now, right before the bass solo and I learned by ear. It's so much fun to play, and very HARD. Especially because I'm playing a 4-string bass tuned to C standard, so I don't even have a low B but that appeared once so far so I can get away with hitting the B on the higher octave. Some of these licks are SO FAST that it's insane to hear the bass player pluck every damn note and make it come out perfect. Truly insane. Spiral Architect had the best players EVER!