stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

I have a stupid question for whoever feels like answering. I was thinking today, this forum is obviously in english and everyone here uses it. How often do you Swedes, Serbians etc etc use english in a normal situation? Like do you ever speak it normally or do you only speak your native tongue if you're not on the interwebz.

I seriously feel like one of the only people here that doesn't have a second language. lol

I use english everyday, more or less. My main language is finnish though, and it makes swedish and english my second languages.

IRL I mostly use finnish, I don't have that many swedish friends lol + I work at a place where almost half the employees are finnish.

I have a stupid question for whoever feels like answering. I was thinking today, this forum is obviously in english and everyone here uses it. How often do you Swedes, Serbians etc etc use english in a normal situation? Like do you ever speak it normally or do you only speak your native tongue if you're not on the interwebz.

I seriously feel like one of the only people here that doesn't have a second language. lol
IRL I speak Dutch 98% of the time, sometimes at work a foreign customer calls and I'm usually the one who gets to help this person, cause my English is far superior to anyone's in the room here :) Sometimes when I meet a foreign friend I speak English to them. So Dutch is my first language and then I speak English. I know a few words of German and French, but I can't really make a proper conversation in those languages.

Did you fail to pay attention in French class too? :oops:

I'm probably going to have to pay to re-learn it. From scratch. In the last 6 years or so I've become increasingly humiliated by the fact that I'm Canadian and barely speak a word of French. :erk:

I basically only use swedish. My english is good but I mostly use it verbally when I'm travelling.

Did you fail to pay attention in French class too? :oops:

I'm probably going to have to pay to re-learn it. From scratch. In the last 6 years or so I've become increasingly humiliated by the fact that I'm Canadian and barely speak a word of French. :erk:

I am the same way. I didn't give two shits about french class at the time. To this day most of the french I know is from those stupid fucking songs they had me singing in kindergarten. lol. However now I kind of wish I spoke it.

I use hindi for communication everywhere except the interwebz (that too, only on the forums which have no other people who understand hindi)...