the thread wherein i post some of my random recordings

einride

your best friend
Feb 29, 2008
sometimes, like most music guys, i write and record music just for the hell of it. stuff that's not intended for any of my main musical projects. most often, no one hears this, or maybe two of my buds at the most. today is the day where i instead reckon "what the hell", get a soundcloud account, and post some of this for the "world" to hear. maybe i'll post a song every day until i run out of tracks that aren't wildly embarassing

first up is an iron maiden cover (it is a medley of remember tomorrow and the nomad). i didn't even really listen to the songs beforehand so it's recorded from the top of my head:

so if you're in the mood for random songs with bad sound and untight playing, this thread is your chance. i want to stress that i don't care about my bad guitar playing. also i do not want to hear "bkasdfkljaskldjas you should spend your time on X instead" because that's not how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ thanx ^^^

i don't know what the fuck

this one is dedicated to black winter day, lover of bad music

sometimes i do weird things. these "lyrics" btw were written in literally 5 minutes and mean absolutely nothing, they're just words stacked on top of each other. also i probably won't become the new lead vocalist of sisters of mercy anytime soon

this one is dedicated to black winter day, lover of bad music

Be a plebe and not understand, or attempt to understand, the sophistication of my tastes. That's fine. Stay in your bubble of ignorance.

But don't go around spreading rumors that I listen to songs with titles like "Velvet Gothic Sadness"

Be a plebe and not understand, or attempt to understand, the sophistication of my tastes. That's fine. Stay in your bubble of ignorance.

But don't go around spreading rumors that I listen to songs with titles like "Velvet Gothic Sadness"

you know i love you and your bad music

here's one i would like to dedicate to the NADatar, simply because it is all bass, no guitars

at one point (2007) i had intended to turn this into a project of some kind, but like so many of my other mind-projects, nothing came of it except this computer demo. i like this song, it has the intended atmosphere of dank black soil and such. bad singing, though.

a chaotic death/black metal ditty with poorly programmed drums and unfortunately no vocals

there is this one riff that sounds like it's straight out of dmds and i'm quite proud of that (you'll get coolpoints if you figure out which of the riffs i mean)

TWO IN A ROW: some primitive northern forest music

i play a weird instrument in this, it was something like a really cheaply made kantele and impossible to tune right

these all sound great erik. i remember hearing a few older things from you... one was a funeral doom piece (excellent) and I think you also had a sweet vintersorg cover as well?

lol i have a vintersorg cover which is musically pretty dead-on but the vocals are just awful

love it bro

here's some real ugly grind/crust garbage