Post some good 'ol metal in this thread

Necuratul said:
Grave Digger - Excalibur

excalibur_4421.jpg

One great thing about Grave Digger, at least on this album, is that they really take the time with the guitar solos. They're complete compositions (a song within a song) and often at times the highlight of the track itself.

dopesmoker.jpg

How can you possibly go wrong with album art like that? Om hasn't warmed up to me quite how Sleep has, but even if they never do it's okay because this shit RULES. One of the best sounding albums I've ever come across, it's clean but not slick, raw but not messy, homo but not gay.

Bathory - Nordland I
nordlandi_5023.jpg

This is much better than I had remembered. I actually think Quorthon's vocals on this are really strong (together with harmonies etc). The guitar sound is a little tinny considering when this was released (at least compared to the production on, say, Hammerheart) but holy moses, this is a great Bathory release. I never listen to this or Nordland II -- better change that.

B00000JPCI.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Nevermind the sillyass cover art--as "good 'ol metal", this fits the fuggin bill. Underrated band.

If they took the strong tracks from both albums and just made one album, it would seriously be on par with Hammerheart of BFD!

Ring of GOLD = WIN

JayKeeley said:
EMPEROR - Nightside fucking Eclipse
inthenightsideeclipse_330.jpg

Best. Emperor. Album. EVAR.

hell yes!

i'll upload some obscure Absu song in this thread tonight. They do NOT get enough respect around here. Seriously, I usually hate black/thrash stuff like this, and I've never really gotten into thrash at all- but Absu is for some reason one of my favorite bands. Simply top-notch.

I've only heard Minus Morgul, Dol Goldur, and Oath Bound. If I was going to pick up another one, which should it be?

Stonghold probably. But Nightshade FOrest if you really like the Dol Guldur sound.

Nightshade FOrest>DOl Guldur