RC March Madness - Elite 8 accompanying thread

huh

I never figured that Lies and Perfidy was Pyrus! Are you really one and the same? If so, recommend me some melodic/technical speed metal in the appropriate thread.

LOL

I understand what Zod is saying and not many bands can pull it off, but Hammers can imo. They just have it. I'm not usually one for eclectic metal bands either but godamn if they dont rule my face...especially The August Engine. Funny because when I first heard them, buying TAE blind based on Ali's spooge all over my monitor, I was fucking PISSED. I couldnt stand it. LOL

Damn, someone's got a chip on their shoulder. :lol:
Nahhh... Hammers does some really cool stuff. I love their lyrics and their style is unique. I get why JK is considering getting Scalzi's face tattooed on his forearm, so he never has to be without masturbatory materials when he travels. However, after a track like "The Locust Years" kicks your ass (as an opener), it's nap time with "We are the Widows". Again, not a bad song, just not what I'm in the mood for on track two, after track one kicked me in the teeth.

Zod

Nope, I actually didn't realize the greatness until people told me to relisten to the bastard.

Nahhh... Hammers does some really cool stuff. I love their lyrics and their style is unique. I get why JK is considering getting Scalzi's face tattooed on his forearm, so he never has to be without masturbatory materials when he travels. However, after a track like "The Locust Years" kicks your ass (as an opener), it's nap time with "We are the Widows". Again, not a bad song, just not what I'm in the mood for on track two, after track one kicked me in the teeth.

Zod

Greg - do you realize you're talking about The Locust Years and not The August Engine.

It's a completely different animal. Only track #2 has that sombre feeling to it but listen to a track like "The August Engine pt 2".....

....just listen to The August Engine because I have a feeling you're thinking of a different album.

Also, your assessment can't apply to the band, but only ONE of their albums. For example, The Bastard has death growls (together with female vox and Scalzi's vox), blast beats, medieval/celtic folk medleys, trad metal riffery, and tributes to Celtic Frost, The Obsessed, and Thin Lizzy scattered throughout.

There is no doubt that The August Engine hit a peak in terms of creativity and "unique" factor, but when I'm in a metal mood, I'd pick The Bastard any day of the week. Both are 10/10 albums, except The August Engine can go up to 11 in places. :loco:

Greg - do you realize you're talking about The Locust Years and not The August Engine.
Of course. I was just using it as an example. "The August Engine" is not much different in this regard.

For example, The Bastard has death growls (together with female vox and Scalzi's vox), blast beats, medieval/celtic folk medleys, trad metal riffery, and tributes to Celtic Frost, The Obsessed, and Thin Lizzy scattered throughout.
I own this disc, but never spent any real time with it.

There is no doubt that The August Engine hit a peak in terms of creativity and "unique" factor, but when I'm in a metal mood, I'd pick The Bastard any day of the week. Both are 10/10 albums, except The August Engine can go up to 11 in places. :loco:
I'll make it a point to revist "The Bastard".

Zod

The Bastard took for-fucking-ever to grow on me! JayKeeley just kept reminding me to give it more time and eventually it all fell into place. Amazing album.