Elite 8 Results (RC March Metal Madness)

Water ice is something I'd rather eat more often than asparagus, but asparagus is better for me therefore I like asparagus better.

....and once in occasion, you'll find something that has BOTH those traits, and it inevitably joins the rankings of top gun, or the best of the best. :kickass:

TopGunSign.jpg
best-of-the-best-dvd.jpg

:lol:

I see where JK is coming on this. Part of the reason I love Nevermore's Dreaming Neon Black, is because of the uniqueness of it. And even though I listen to Dead Heart much more frequently than I do Dreaming, if you asked which is my favorite Nevermore release, I'd like tell you it's Dreaming.

Zod

EDIT: to be fair, part of the reason I don't listen to Dreaming more often, is the production is terrible. It's entirely impossible to play that disc at a high volume without it sounding like you've blown your speakers.

Well, than if you guys are interested in going deeper that surface like/dislike, go ahead. I'll stick to surface like/dislike for the purposes of a poll that a little bird (a raven actually) once told me was just for some quick fun. :)

Actually, by your criteria above Greg, I'd end up going with Dead Heart.... LOL

Well, than if you guys are interested in going deeper that surface like/dislike, go ahead. I'll stick to surface like/dislike for the purposes of a poll that a little bird (a raven actually) once told me was just for some quick fun. :)

Actually, by your criteria above Greg, I'd end up going with Dead Heart.... LOL

oh we're still talking about RC madness? Yeah, be that as it may, the results don't mean anything because we all own all the albums anyway! It goes without saying that they all "kick ass".

I thought we were just talking about how you rate albums in general.

Like when we all wrote reviews. I must have written over 100 reviews. Now, there's a ton of 8/10 "kick ass" releases, but only a handful of 10/10 releases. An 8/10 release can indeed be great, but it's gotta have that 'something special' to truly get it into 9 or 10/10 territory.

In my opinion, the only album in the last 4 that's truly deserving of 10/10 rating is Negura Bunget, so that's how I'm gonna vote! :cool:

oh we're still talking about RC madness? Yeah, be that as it may, the results don't mean anything because we all own all the albums anyway! It goes without saying that they all "kick ass".

I thought we were just talking about how you rate albums in general.

Oh yeah, no debate there.

Yep, I was talking about how we vote as it relates to the RC madness since HoM vs. D666 sparked the discussion.

JayKeeley said:
Like when we all wrote reviews. I must have written over 100 reviews. Now, there's a ton of 8/10 "kick ass" releases, but only a handful of 10/10 releases. An 8/10 release can indeed be great, but it's gotta have that 'something special' to truly get it into 9 or 10/10 territory.

Sure, I can see that. I'm definitely differentiating reviewing an album vs. voting in a quick "taste" poll the way I now view the RC madness one.

JayKeeley said:
In my opinion, the only album in the last 4 that's truly deserving of 10/10 rating is Negura Bunget, so that's how I'm gonna vote! :cool:

Nothing wrong with that. :kickass:

OK cool so we're on the same page.....'cos I was thinking about it, and I was like "HUH? Jason wrote a great Morningrise review and it didn't just say "buy this album because it kicks ass!". :lol: