Results: RC March Metal Madnesss Final 4

:tickled:

Perhaps some folks are tone deaf and they don't even realize. Ok let's add some math to the equation:

Bathory : Primordial

Bathory : D666

therefore,

Primordial : D666

:headbang:

Also, there are several D666 songs which would sound awesome if Nemtheanga did the vocals. Again, there's more to it than just Warslut and Nemtheanga getting together and make some shit up. Their partnership, IN THEORY, should be like Demons & Wizards on fucken steroids. :kickass:

Perhaps some folks are tone deaf and they don't even realize.
I'm not sure tone is even the issue. When you compare and contrast these two bands, there are stark differences in respect to tempo, lyrical themes, rhythm section and vocal style. Even if there is some common ground with respect to tone, to say they're "similar" is a stretch.

Ok let's add some math to the equation:

Bathory : Primordial

Bathory : D666

therefore,

Primordial : D666
Let's add some more math...

God: Love

Love: Blind

therefore,

Ray Charles is God.

Also, there are several D666 songs which would sound awesome if Nemtheanga did the vocals.
I'd say most songs would sound awesome if Nemtheanga did the vocals. I'm not sure what that proves.

Their partnership, IN THEORY, should be like Demons & Wizards on fucken steroids.
Let's hope it's more like Demons and Wizards without all the crappy music.

Zod

there are stark differences in respect to tempo, lyrical themes, rhythm section and vocal style. Even if there is some common ground with respect to tone, to say they're "similar" is a stretch.

Well, yeah, but hang on, I'm not saying D666 is a clone of Primordial, or vice versa. I'm saying they share similar influences and allow those influences to run free in their instrumentation -- namely BATHORY; they also create similar epic musical landscapes, and offer similar chord progressions.

When people look at the history of Primordial, they often tend to lump them in with the other group of 2nd wave BM bands particularly because Dark Romanticism came out in 1993, and this is how both Hammerheart and Misanthropy tried to market them (and look how it backfired). However, if you look beneath the surface, Primordial are significantly closer to a band like D666 than they are, say, Darkthrone or Emperor.

When people look at the history of Primordial, they often tend to lump them in with the other group of 2nd wave BM bands particularly because Dark Romanticism came out in 1993, and this is how both Hammerheart and Misanthropy tried to market them (and look how it backfired).
Since I jumped on the Primordial bandwagon late, I'm certainly not going to argue that point with you.

However, if you look beneath the surface, Primordial are significantly closer to a band like D666 than they are, say, Darkthrone or Emperor.
They may be closer to D666 than Emperor, but that still doesn't make them similar. Perhaps we're arguing semantics at this point. However, I'd say as far as extreme Metal goes, Primordial and D666 have more differences than similarities.

Zod

Primordial is what happens when you take approximately 63% of the testosterone out of Deströyer 666 and add roughly 4.5 kilos of irish nationalism.[/scientific]

In conclusion: Deströyer 666 and Primordial might not sound alike at first (or tenth) listen, but they feel similarly and since feeling is what music is about the black man wins this discussion