The Finals - RC March Metal Madness

originally 'progressive' may have been a genre, but the overapplication of the label has rendered the term valueless.

Thus, it now has zero descriptive meaning.

Now go on. Shoo!

the main point being, the mantle shouldnt need strong competition because it's honestly not a very strong album and shouldnt have made it this far, we just have a lot of boo-hoo-ers in this forum

D666 over drudkh
drudkh over wolves

those fail in comparison to the buttlover vote of the mantle over n'crugu

i gotta say that as much as a big NB fanboy that I am ... n'crugu would not deserve the title either ... its not a 10/10 disc for me ... 9/10 maybe but not perfect.

I'll be perfectly honest -- I did not realize The Mantle was THAT obvious

I think it was. Plus, hasn't it won previous competitions like this on RC? If we aren't going to take out obvious contenders the next time, perhaps we should repeat no bands or albums at all. It's not like we don't all listen to enough stuff to make another full list that's completely different.

I think it was. Plus, hasn't it won previous competitions like this on RC?

That was Pale Foklore I think, which people would have less issue with I suppose since most people tend to think it's their best release. That said, if we do a 90's roster, it makes Pale Foklore all the more predictable.

If we aren't going to take out obvious contenders the next time, perhaps we should repeat no bands or albums at all. It's not like we don't all listen to enough stuff to make another full list that's completely different.

good point