the thread wherein i post some of my random recordings

also, while we're on the topic of ugly, let's just throw this out here

if i recall correctly i actually play a digital drumset on this (very poorly, which is cool as shit), it is not programmed like everything else

also note that this song has literally one riff

Last edited by a moderator:
okay let's post something different

this is a metal (well, the first third of it) elaboration on a very old swedish lullaby/folk melody called "byssan lull"

haha cave theme rules! you captured that NES song structure perfectly, i could totally listen to this on loop while i kill the mole-people and avoid falling stalactites.

haha cave theme rules! you captured that NES song structure perfectly, i could totally listen to this on loop while i kill the mole-people and avoid falling stalactites.

that was the idea yes

i actually had a mental image of a brownish-black cave level with stalactites while making it

thanxxx :D

here's something else, this is very old, upwards of ten years

watch out where it gets heavy as shit towards the end

okay let's post something different

this is a metal (well, the first third of it) elaboration on a very old swedish lullaby/folk melody called "byssan lull"

this is AWESOME. seriously man I could listen to shit like that all day. obviously i've never heard the original song but this, as a stand alone piece, is great

^^ THANKS! ^^

nope, not done with this yet

this is one of the leftover songs i have that i think is genuinely fucking great and i should probably record it for real at some point

i had an idea once a number of years ago that since i'm generally so slow with producing music, i should make a demo in 3 days, everything included, with no musical limitations, just whatever the hell. so i did. i wrote three songs (music & lyrics) and made a cover and photocopied it and made like ten copies on cd-r, most of which are still in my possession. but i'm proud that i actually did it. this is pure spur-of-the-moment stuff right here. the "band" is called maleficence and i might upload the other two songs but they are not as good as this

also here are the lyrics because they are actually ok too

raise a tombstone over the earth and
carve into it runes of doom and
cast the sun down from where it's hung and
lay us down into our cold graves

trace the cracks across our cities and
turn them with our tears to rivers from
where they flow, from churches, palaces
lay us down into our cold graves

through valleys where we walked in wonder
villages where we starved and died
mountains that we climbed and cried
to the concrete where our blood ran dry

let wither the foundations
of the warlord and his throne
yes! cast lord god down from heaven
with his shackles, with his chains

let drown,
let rot,
let earth give birth
to new life in his wake

okay i'll upload the other two songs too since i have them right here and all

this is pretty bad because it has no real direction or anything

it's like modern day satyricon meets old death metal and suddenly i felt like singing in the middle i guess?
a knife driven
through life itself
sickening
your hand on theirs

with mad laughter
pushing through
driven deeper
killing you

UH!
necrocracy
necrocracy

bleeding ashes
onto sackcloth
dragging crosses
across palm leaves

hail the king
the king is dead
but yes!
this is the kingdom of god

UH!
necrocracy
necrocracy

with white fire
to black ashes
burn these grey cities
burn the earth

show no mercy
for those who would
could take your life
turn that knife around

UH!
necrocracy
necrocracy

this one has some really fucking good riffs but the song structure is not finished at all, it progresses very weirdly. crescendo near the end is hella cool though, if i do say so myself

it's like ved buens ende meets celtic frost

UH!

beneath ivory towers
greyed by the dust of skulls
i sweat and toil
for the misfortune of others

in the blackest embrace of death
i fumble for life
bound by chains of gold
they seem older than time

UH!

UH!

where is my escape
where is my sword of truth
i saw it gleaming
in the darkness before

now on this road most travelled
paved with the bones of freedom
i ride towards my end
on a pale horse

Good job Erik. Thinking about following you on the Soundey Cloudey...but you're quite irritable and judgmental of others :p

thanks buddies for thy continued supportance. neal, i will upload more chiptunes later probably. for now, a pretty accurate moonspell cover i recorded back in 2007:

likely to be the only time y'all will hear me singing in portuguese, don't miss out

thank thee good sir

here's a proof-of-concept thing for the style of a band i wanted to start at one point

it's pretty good, the lyrics on this are stolen from another band though (as a placeholder) but it's alright because you won't really be able to hear what i'm singing anyway