stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

Indeed. I just need a proper digital SLR. Have analoge, and even though the photo's look much better than with any digital SLR, it's just too damn expensive to get everything developed. :rofl:

I have my own enlarger and all the chemicals and stuff :p but i'm too lazy to set up a dark room :lol: But yea, even though I love analog photography I need a good digital SLR, it's so much easier :p

ah, I could never be bothered to set up all the equipment at home-hard to find space to have totally light proof.
I develop film by hand at work though, so I get a fair share of messing around with chemicals.

ah, I could never be bothered to set up all the equipment at home-hard to find space to have totally light proof.
I develop film by hand at work though, so I get a fair share of messing around with chemicals.

Actually we have a little storage room which is totally light proof, but it's full of boxes and stuff and I can't be bothered to clean it up :p

I'm moving to England next year (lulz), so I was thinking of setting up my own dark room then, as it costs about €15 to get 36 photo's developed now. =/
I do have a small digital camera, but if you compare the quality of the photo's with my SLR, digital pics simply suck. :rofl:
But yeah, a Canon 40D would be nice to have, used to work with them at school, they're awesome.

I've heard good things about the Canon 40D but I've never used one. We used Nikon D40s in college, they're pretty good but I'm a Canon man :p

I'm a Nikon girl :p have a D100 that's a few years old now, but works just beautifully!

And I have decided that the only way to afford to process film is to get a job or a friend in the industry. Way too expensive otherwise!

I think if you do it yourself for years it will eventually become cheaper than getting it done.

Well, sometimes it takes more than just 1 print to get a good quality photograph, and the paper is pretty espensive :p it's so much easier and safer to get it done at a photo place.

On a different note, the new Prince of Persia sucks :mad: it's sooo boring :(

EDIT: Good thing I downloaded it :p I would be very pissed off if I had paid for it :lol:

errrr, is the analog film thingy different for the SLR and non SLR, point and shoot cams? It's pretty cheap where i live.

if i convert it into US $ it comes up to around 2$ for a roll of 36 and around 4.5$ for developing and 36, 4x6 printouts...

although since i'm not really a pro, i'm fine with my olympus (20x optical zoom FTW :p )

Thing with getting them developed at a photoshop is that you never get the photo's *they* think weren't good enough.
While ago I got some with sunsets on it developed, out of the 36 I only got 20 back, and you always get the negatives too, the 16 photo's I didn't get looked quite good on the negatives, just a bit overlighted. Could easily have changed that with photoshop.

Thing with getting them developed at a photoshop is that you never get the photo's *they* think weren't good enough.
While ago I got some with sunsets on it developed, out of the 36 I only got 20 back, and you always get the negatives too, the 16 photo's I didn't get looked quite good on the negatives, just a bit overlighted. Could easily have changed that with photoshop.

That's crazy.. I manage a photoshop, and what we do is print everything (apart from photographs that have absolutely nothing in them.. ) and we even touch a lot of things up for free.. like change the density and colour casts..

Can't you tell them to print ALL the photos no matter how shit they might look? If you're paying them to develop and print a whole roll, then that's what they should do.