stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

This weekend's work....
pt8.jpg

lol ok, it's the same when someone try to speak spanish... no matter how much time you spend practicing it, if it's not your native language then you'll never get the right accent! obviously, people that have spanish as first language can notice it.

There is an exception for every rule, my girlfriend can speak Spanish perfectly and she never went to any Latino country, I can speak Portuguese perfectly although I lived thee for 16 years as a kid so it's understandable hehe.

But my parents never got the accent right, so it's either about being talented or learning as a kid.

Description of Humwawa from the fictitious Necronomicon:
The Lord of Abominations is HUMWAWA of the South Winds, whose face is a mass of the entrails of the animals and men. His breath is the stench of dung, and has been. HUMWAWA is the Dark Angel of all that is excreted, and of all that sours. And as all things come to the time when they will decay, so also HUMWAWA is the Lord of the Future of all that goes upon the earth, and any man's future years may be seen by gazing into the very face of this Angel, taking care not to breathe the horrid perfume that is the odour of death.

Humbaba (different spelling from the Epic of Gilgamesh):

His face is that of a lion. "When he looks at someone, it is the look of death." "Humbaba's roar is a flood, his mouth is fire and his breath is death! He can hear a hundred leagues away any (rustling?) in his forest! Who would go down into his forest!"

So basically the face is actually based on a lion's skull and the "claws" around the head are meant to symbolize a mane.

-D

There is an exception for every rule, my girlfriend can speak Spanish perfectly and she never went to any Latino country, I can speak Portuguese perfectly although I lived thee for 16 years as a kid so it's understandable hehe.

But my parents never got the accent right, so it's either about being talented or learning as a kid.

latino, haha, that reminds me of reggaeton :loco: but the truth is that the southern countries of south america are quite far from being proper "latino" countries :lol: also, spanish comes from spain so you don't need to be in america to speak spanish. The word latin usually implies all the languages that came from latin, brasil is a latin country and they speak portuguese!

sure, maybe to your ears your girlfriend speaks perfect spanish, but ask that to someone that has spanish as his native language and you'll see what I mean...

latino, haha, that reminds me of reggaeton :loco: but the truth is that the southern countries of south america are quite far from being proper "latino" countries :lol: also, spanish comes from spain so you don't need to be in america to speak spanish. The word latin usually implies all the languages that came from latin, brasil is a latin country and they speak portuguese!

sure, maybe to your ears your girlfriend speaks perfect spanish, but ask that to someone that has spanish as his native language and you'll see what I mean...

I dunno man, because I think I can tell, as I can tell for Portuguese I can tell for Spanish and English, but if she ever talks to someone native I'll tell you what happen.

You know Los Serrano? The Spanish family TV show? She sounds exactly the same as the girl Africa, and to me she has the sexiest accent from the show oh yeeee.

I dunno man, because I think I can tell, as I can tell for Portuguese I can tell for Spanish and English, but if she ever talks to someone native I'll tell you what happen.

You know Los Serrano? The Spanish family TV show? She sounds exactly the same as the girl Africa, and to me she has the sexiest accent from the show oh yeeee.

yes! I've seen Los Serrano :lol: I think you didn't get my point though... I was trying to say that no matter how good you learn spanish, it's easy for me, as a spanish speaker, to see if it's or not your native language. I work with some danish people that speaks flawless spanish, but still, they always made some tiny mistakes from time to time.