stefan86's offtopic random retard thread - post away!

ok, update on yesterday's show:

katatonia did a pretty good show, better than when i saw them last time; jonas sang well but the guitar sound was not the best.
don't remember the whole setlist, or what order, but they played:
teargas, i am nothing, criminals, forsaker :))), my twin, leaders, evidence... perhaps qth remembers more if he was there..? nothing from brave murder day :( i also came a few minutes late, so i may have missed a song in the beginning, hopefully nothing important :p

porcupine tree did a great show technically of course, but the set list...
the complete new album, start of something beautiful, first half of russia on ice (this was great), middle part of anesthetize, remember me lover, way out of here (also great), normal, mother and child divided. encore was the sound of muzak and trains.

notice how "far" back in the discography they went :erk:

during the break in the middle of pt's set i got to talk to peter lindgren a bit, i gave him a compliment on his solo on "wreath" and he told me he actually played that the night before just to see if he still remembered how to play it :D
he was a bit disappointed at pt for having too much pre-recorded stuff during the songs and he hadn't listened enough to the new album to appreciate it. he thought katatonia did good as well and that they didn't seem very nervous (apart from anders - he's never nervous :p) as usually or something to that effect. anyway, peter's a great guy and he didn't seem to think i was irritating or something :p

after the show me and my friends went backstage and spoke for a while with wes in pt who was very talkative and friendly. i also spoke a bit with jonas and complimented on his singing and he really seemed to appreciate it! i also said that forsaker is an awesome song and that it was cool that they played it. he said thanks but that they hadn't rehearsed it enough :p
lastly i told him i would definately be buying the new album if the rest of the songs are as good as forsaker, but he said they were better :D we shook hands and then i went home :)

sorry for the overuse of smileys, haha

Nice!
I suck at remebering songs from gigs. :p
PT was insane. Screw the old songs...

qth said:
Katatonia was awesome, sound was ok, good setlist (favourites I can remember.. July, My Twin, Follower, Forsaker and the best one imo Evidence).
You could tell Jonas was loving playing Stockholm.
He was so pumped after the last track that he was stuttering thanking the audience. Great gig guys!!!

Porcupine Tree... Oh boy!
This band plays their own league live. Its without a doubt the best sounding gig I have ever seen, the perfection is amazing, every song was like a complete recreation of the originals and Steven doesnt miss one note on the vocal part, its almost scary.

I remember beeing amazed last time I saw them but this was even better, I was floored.

I have'nt been that impressed at all with The Incident, but seeing it live like this from start to finish with this crisp sound, the imagery and videos on the projector, it just made it magic, pure magic.

Best song was The Start of Something Beautiful on the second set.

Im defenitely seeing them next time they come, even if the next album for some reason sucks I know they wont disappoint live.
http://www.lastfm.se/user/Qth/journ...ee_%26_katatonia_%40_arenan%2C_stockholm_1910

Nice!
I suck at remebering songs from gigs. :p
PT was insane. Screw the old songs...

screw the old songs? :zombie: you're making me a sad panda. ok, if you mean the old songs as in the first two albums i'm with you :)

about jonas stuttering; it sounded like he was going to say "tack som fan" (thanks so fucking much) but changed his mind about swearing halfway and just said thanks :p