STEMS. POST-HARDCORE. how many of you would mix it if i posted?!

My attemp: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26156428/mezcla Lol Nice.mp3

I like the song, and the way that the guitars sounds pretty good almost without any EQ and stuff.
Did you use any DI or something?
Any tips would be awesome, thanks!

epiphone les paul standard > Digimax FS > 002 > DAW. idk why they came out so amazing, but i tracked our new record with Joey with that guitar too!! :)

Wow, awesome song! I'm really diggin' all these synths and strings!

Here's my attempt:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21534434/Musik/Sonstiges/TA_4_MP3.mp3

No real mastering done yet, just a limiter for volume.

thanks man, i'm a big string / synth buff, and i like to try and stay original with it. this song almost has TOO much in my opinion (live and learn haha) but thanks!

thanks man, i'm a big string / synth buff, and i like to try and stay original with it. this song almost has TOO much in my opinion (live and learn haha) but thanks!

Yeah, I think, that it's kinda original, what you did there!

Any chance you could upload another song for us to mix? :)

Sorry for reviving this thread but I came across it last night and decided to do a mix last night/this morning.

Thankyou for the practise!! good track :headbang:

Lemme know what you guys thinkl!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
TheMusicProducer, overall it sounded good. Only things are the snare could come down at least 1db and the guitars are a bit too fizzy for my tastes. And the reverb on his voice might be a little too much. Maybe try something a little more subtle? But man yeah, sounds good other than those few things.

So i'm a lil late to the party but I had a go, these DI tracks are exellent! If you don't mind corey, you wouldn't mind telling me the tuning and string gauge used would you? I just thought it could be that contributing to the Bass and Guitar quality!

But anyways here's my go! Anyone got any tips?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15810546/lolwhut (more bass).mp3

tuning = c#
string gauge = i have no fucking idea haha. prolly purple slinkies.

i think it was just quality instruments, and attention to detail that made them sound good.

also i can tell you used chango's drums for a couple reasons, 1 i know what they sound like, and 2 bc you missed all the lower velocity snare drum hits. . . gotta pay a lil more attention to that kinda stuff.

sounds pretty good though, i like the amount of delay on the singing. what did you use for guitar tone? pod?

tuning = c#
string gauge = i have no fucking idea haha. prolly purple slinkies.

i think it was just quality instruments, and attention to detail that made them sound good.

also i can tell you used chango's drums for a couple reasons, 1 i know what they sound like, and 2 bc you missed all the lower velocity snare drum hits. . . gotta pay a lil more attention to that kinda stuff.

sounds pretty good though, i like the amount of delay on the singing. what did you use for guitar tone? pod?

Yeah, you got me ;) I actually thought they suited this style pretty well tbh, but yeah alot of the nuances were lost, there is a second snare mixe underneath but I couldnt really get it forward without losing alot of the space in the mix.

Actually used a TSS > Lecto > random mesa impulse > fair bit of tidying in the eq. :)