Stems/Raws for Mix Practice Thread!

My attempt on AtB's song here fun song to mix. Probably the guitars still arent superly good but well any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Those drums sound massive... My current goal is to get my drums to sound the best they can. Any tips? My snare is the weakest link.

Thank you, I was actually revising the mix a bit. My advice is a good master compressor, limiting and multiband-EQing. Mono kick/snare is also pretty big. Let the drums find their own space and fit between/behind the other instruments. I can even give you some more in-depth info about how I got dem drums, if you'd like.

Thank you, I was actually revising the mix a bit. My advice is a good master compressor, limiting and multiband-EQing. Mono kick/snare is also pretty big. Let the drums find their own space and fit between/behind the other instruments. I can even give you some more in-depth info about how I got dem drums, if you'd like.

please do! im also having a hard time with the drums a bit, specially the snare!

Really awesome mix, nice drum sound but the lead guitar was barely audible. Why don't use the vocals?

Here is my attempt, i blended Chango Snare and SSD Snare 12A. What you guys think? https://soundcloud.com/gujukal/above-the-broken-remix

Thank you. The lead was barely audible? It was almost too loud on my monitors. Could be the 'verb I'm running on it. I actually forgot to unmute the vocal tracks. :Spin: Your mix sounds great, maybe a little cloudy in the overall high-end and the guitars have a little too much 'honk' for my taste.

please do! im also having a hard time with the drums a bit, specially the snare!

I'll PM you info about my setup.

I don't usually mix these types of songs, but I had a go after Cory (oroinvictus) showed me his mix. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my logitech speakers they were barely audible but on my studio headphones they were louder, could still be louder imo though :p Im trying to fix the high end, i think it's my EQ on the OH that is the problem. What do u mean with honk, like fizzle in the tone?

On my logitech speakers they were barely audible but on my studio headphones they were louder, could still be louder imo though :p Im trying to fix the high end, i think it's my EQ on the OH that is the problem. What do u mean with honk, like fizzle in the tone?

On electric guitars the honk range is around 800hz to ~5khz. A helpful chart that I've been using for some time: http://bit.ly/OJholt