Votes: 2 16.7%
  • It's shit.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
In fact, I would even go so far as to suggest it's a contender for best death metal album ever. It's just fucking incredible from start to finish.
Steve Asheim is a total genius, he didn't just write all the music and play drums - he produced the fucker as well! :worship:

I really liked Scars, but the guitarwork on Stench takes the band to new levels. I really hope the four guys stick together for a while yet and release more albums. :kickass:

I like deicide as muc has anyone, and I have been a huge fan of them for a long time now(about 9 years). And I really liek this album, but to say this is their best album let alone one of the best death emtal albums of all time is just pure stupidity. Vital Remains-Dechristianize blows this out of the water and I wouldn't even go as far as to say that is the top Death Metal release of all time.

deicide_alex said:
I like deicide as muc has anyone, and I have been a huge fan of them for a long time now(about 9 years). And I really liek this album, but to say this is their best album let alone one of the best death emtal albums of all time is just pure stupidity. Vital Remains-Dechristianize blows this out of the water and I wouldn't even go as far as to say that is the top Death Metal release of all time.

Well personally I don't agree Dechristianiza blows Stench out of the water at all. I think the two albums are very similar, but where Dechristianize had songs that really needed cut down, Stench has no such problem. The songs are all sharp and punchy and don't suffer from awful production the way Dechristianize does. Two fantastic albums, but for me Stench is marginally better.

Although why I'm replying to you when you suggested I'm stupid I don't know. o_O

I cant really decide if I think its better than any other album they have. Its definatly up there, no two ways about it.

Just try and remember there are several types of fans. Those who like music and those who like what they know. This album is definatly a step forward musically for the band, but some people will be turned off by the change, just because they are so supportive of what will probably now be called old Deicide, to the point of being a kind of Zealot.

And everyone will have to their own idea of what is the best death metal album of all time. No ones choice is stupid unless its something like Slipknot or Killswitch Engage (I say these two because a 26 yaer old America or Austrailian came up to me when I was in my Scars hoody and asked if Deicide are a good band, and are they as death metal as those two bands). Now thats stupid.

I'll vote on the album in due time. Its too early for me, I have to see if it has staying power, but im 99.99% sure it has, and I cant fucking wait to see the songs live.

Jesus_Phish said:
I cant really decide if I think its better than any other album they have. Its definatly up there, no two ways about it.

Just try and remember there are several types of fans. Those who like music and those who like what they know. This album is definatly a step forward musically for the band, but some people will be turned off by the change, just because they are so supportive of what will probably now be called old Deicide, to the point of being a kind of Zealot.

And everyone will have to their own idea of what is the best death metal album of all time. No ones choice is stupid unless its something like Slipknot or Killswitch Engage (I say these two because a 26 yaer old America or Austrailian came up to me when I was in my Scars hoody and asked if Deicide are a good band, and are they as death metal as those two bands). Now thats stupid.

I'll vote on the album in due time. Its too early for me, I have to see if it has staying power, but im 99.99% sure it has, and I cant fucking wait to see the songs live.

You make some good points there. For me, I don't look on old Deicide stuff as "untouchable" in the way I perhaps view old Maiden stuff. I only got into Deicide with Scars - I DID buy Legion when it first came out, but I didn't like it for some odd reason.
So I take each new Deicide album with an open mind, not caring how it compares to the older stuff just accepting it on its own merits.

As for Slipknot - I must admit I like "Gently" and the song "Iowa". They're pretty forgettable overall but those two songs are decent.

I agree that this is a good album for Deicide, it's pretty much all I am listening to at the moment, but I still prefer Dechristianized. And I believe Legion has more energy and aggression that Stench. If you want to talk top Death Metal albums....

1) Entombed - Clandestine
2) Deicide - Legion
3) Vital Remains - Dechristianized
4) Deicide - Deicide
5) Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness

Not sure about the new album, it grows and is in the top ten somewhere.

Legion_of_Deicide said:
I agree that this is a good album for Deicide, it's pretty much all I am listening to at the moment, but I still prefer Dechristianized. And I believe Legion has more energy and aggression that Stench. If you want to talk top Death Metal albums....

1) Entombed - Clandestine
2) Deicide - Legion
3) Vital Remains - Dechristianized
4) Deicide - Deicide
5) Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness

Not sure about the new album, it grows and is in the top ten somewhere.

Immortal? Death metal?
And where's the Vader, Morbid Angel and Death in that list?! :headbang:

Only just starting to get into Vader, I know I am abit late, but oh well. Dont really like Morbid. Albums six and seven would have been

6) Death - Human
7) Cannible Corpse - Eaten back to life(with Glen Benton guess vocals :))

I know, a bit of a slip up with Immortal, but there last two albums were not so Black Metal. I guess I imagine Black Metal as crap production and with keyboards. Maybe I just think of Immortal as too good to be labelled as Black Metal :) I liked Benton's comments recently that Deicide are not Death Metal/Satanic Death Metal or Black Metal... Deicide are EVIL METAL. :headbang: :headbang:

I think for a band that changed their style it is the best album in that has come out for a changed band. Usualy bands in this genre change and loose their momentum but Deicide has just reinvented their style with santolla and owne on the team. What is really facinating is that i did not realise how awsome Steve as a musician was. WE always knew Glen is the master or lyrcical destruction and good bass player (despite what people say, i have seen him live and he did not play any open notes or whatever) but Steves musical writing coming to the fore front was a surprise. What a fucking talented mother fucking muscian. Deicide is reinvented.

" i like this song its called PTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt" HAHAHAHA, if you guys seen that interview then y'all know what i am talking about .

The Stench of Redemption is the best sick and brutal album to date since Legion! When I insert the cd in my mp3player in my truck, damn i was headbanging while driving on the road! i was getting dizzy lol!:lol: I am happy with Steve's fastest drum that pound you like atomic bomb! he reminds me of Derek Roddy and Mike Smith :guh: I am also is happy that Ralph and Jack join Deicide and they fucking shred!!!!! :kickass: Glen's vocal is deep in the pit of hell that haunt you for thousands miles away! all bow down and hail Glen Benton! :worship: but my favorite deep growling vocal that Glen did was from Amon: feasting the beast which is on the last 2 tracks "dayofdarkness" and "oblivious to evil" i was wondering what happened to that one? well i wish someday that Glen will bring back his old vocal again on the next album from earache!