Steve Smyth & Pat O'Brien

replicated said:
It's all about personal preference. Why the fuck do you idiots argue about this kind of shit? No one wins. You guys just want to be postwhores, so you argue about who is the better guitarist knowing all to well that there is no way to prove it. So, just give it up already and come sit on papa's lap. :hotjump:

Dude - your sig rules.
flashingwarrel.gif

Loner said:
Have you even heard Pat's CC stuff? If you can call his songs on Bloodthirst (just for example) boring, I'd have a hard time giving credence to your opinion on death metal.

OO. I missed this. His rhythm work is solid as fuck, but his lead playing is really run of the mill/over done. I <3 his songwriting, I just don't like his lead playing. I'm sorry for not being specific, I meant more boring leadwise.

Loner said:
I've got a suspicaion that what CC played live before was somewhat dictated by what Jack could or couldn't play. :D Pat's songs are fucking hard, even the "easier" ones have some very unorthodox riffing that makes it hard to play.

Anyways, the fact that you like Cannibal Corpse to begin with kicks ass. Death metal needs more female fans. ;)

On the making of the Wretched Spawn DVD Pat admitted that Alex's songs were pretty much the hardest. I <3 Alex :cool:

LadyValerie said:
On the making of the Wretched Spawn DVD Pat admitted that Alex's songs were pretty much the hardest. I <3 Alex :cool:

Alex is one of the best bass players around, he's underrated as hell.

On that note, I think I'm goimg to listen to Bent Backwards and Broken right now. :D

If you're interested in some CC tabs (since you seem to appreciate the musicianship), riversofgore.com is the best place to look.

Loner said:
Alex is one of the best bass players around, he's underrated as hell.

On that note, I think I'm goimg to listen to Bent Backwards and Broken right now. :D

If you're interested in some CC tabs (since you seem to appreciate the musicianship), riversofgore.com is the best place to look.

Thanks, but I don't need tabs :)