Steve Wilson the... Emo?

biggsy

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2005
Bendigo, Australia
www.myspace.com
Lol I just read the lyrics for Blackfield's song 'Glow'... does anyone know if it was Steve Wilson or the Israeli bloke who wrote the lyrics... because if it was Steve, he's turning emo on us:lol:

i show the scars
of every fear and doubt
i hurt myself
to let the darkness out
out...

the days go bye
and nothing brings me joy
the glow was strong
when i was a boy
but it's gone

and the glow
it goes
so slow
it goes

cracks appear
and passion slips away
colors fade
and turn to shades of grey
fade away

and the glow...

if you knew the man i used to be
please hold me under the sea
or scratch my arms till they bleed
save me

will you help me to feel the glow?

Well I definitely agree, but I think its unfair if Steve Wilson isn't allowed to sing about the subject just because a bunch of trendy fuck bands have made it a popular theme. And I would assume Steve is much more sincere about it.

I'll never understand why self harm has become associated only with pathetic emo posers. I happen to have been close to several self-harmers who are nothing of the sort. No scars on display, no attention seeking, no professing of deep poetic symbolism behind the cuts. Just some genuinely messed up people who need help to find a way to deal with their many problems. I actually find the 'emo' glamourisation of something which is so genuinely traumatic offensive and disgusting.

I'm going to assume that Steven Wilson had a legitimate reason to write those words. I feel like he is too sincere an artist to take something so serious lightly.

Liquid Diamonds said:
I'll never understand why self harm has become associated only with pathetic emo posers. I happen to have been close to several self-harmers who are nothing of the sort. No scars on display, no attention seeking, no professing of deep poetic symbolism behind the cuts. Just some genuinely messed up people who need help to find a way to deal with their many problems. I actually find the 'emo' glamourisation of something which is so genuinely traumatic offensive and disgusting.

I'm going to assume that Steven Wilson had a legitimate reason to write those words. I feel like he is too sincere an artist to take something so serious lightly.

Right you are man, my dearest friend is one of them and I know that just because we're friends... It's a problem not fashion... I also wrote a song about it and I'm not emo imo :lol:

I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and have held my tongue several times on these threads over the past several weeks...but you really are a fucking imbecile. How the fuck would one consider that clever and/or humorous?

What are you referring to?

Btw, your username, avatar, signature and use of font color are the lamest bunch of shit I have ever seen. You must be a fucking completely lifeless douche who is unable to even write a single witty comment, which must be why you have been 'holding you tongue'.

metal_wrath said:

Btw, your username, avatar, signature and use of font color are the lamest bunch of shit I have ever seen. You must be a fucking completely lifeless douche who is unable to even write a single witty comment, which must be why you have been 'holding you tongue'.

real mature numbnuts. even the most stand-offish people cant stand you anymore.

metal_wrath said:

:erk: Its pretty much you.....

seriously guys just cause it sings about suicide doesnt make it emo....dirge for november anyone....swan song by down....Dreamin man by neil young...the list could go on and on and on and on and