Steve Wilson the... Emo?

Spectacular Views said:
i should start calling all metalcore fans "metals", presenting them as wholly representative of a subculture with a long and rich history, and claiming anyone who likes metal is a faggot, then see how you guys like it

Or you could just establish th meaning of a word based on context:erk:

daz436 said:
You practically did that a while ago anyways.

that was just a joke hehe

Powers said:
Rites of Spring, but no Sunny Day Real Estate or (early) At The Drive In?

I've gleaned no new information from that article.

SDRE is emo-influenced indie rock

atdi........i dunno man, there's definitely a big emo influence there, but i don't know if i'd call them emo, nor are they particularly important in emo history. i do like them a lot though!

Alright "Emo", derived from "Emotional Post Hardcore", it's what happen when a few hardcore bands, grew up, became a bit more melodic and starting becoming more introspective. I'm mates with a few guys who were listening to this stuff when it first emerged onto the scene, they've basically explained the progression from Sunny Day and Rites to what you're current Emo scene is like, even including stuff like Modest Mouse which is essentially just Emo which has lost it's hradcore influence.

Check this wiki article out, it will help massively.

affinityband said:
O i c...Do u evn like op3ht? cUZ i thought u used to lik tehm, but now u dnt lulz/

Sometimes I think I'm alone here in thinking this sort of shit is really not funny.

You are not alone
I am here with you.

NYHETER-17s09-jacko-436.jpg

Seriously though, no I don't find it funny.

affinityband said:
O i c...Do u evn like op3ht? cUZ i thought u used to lik tehm, but now u dnt lulz/

yeah i used to be like a huge fanboy 2 years ago or so but i dont like them any more

well actually some of their stuff (orchid, morningrise) i find more listenable these days than i did after i went off opeth but was still really into metal but yeah generally im not gonna lsiten to them or anything :I

affinityband said:
So how come your here? Is it just to state your claim about the emo misunderstanding... tbh i dont think many will listen. those who do read already know what your saying anyway.

i like reading this forum its funny in a kind of trainwreck way

i also used to post here a lot like 3-4 years ago so its kinda force of habit i guess

(read: i have nothing better to do)