Steve Wilson the... Emo?

metal_wrath said:
What are you referring to?

Btw, your username, avatar, signature and use of font color are the lamest bunch of shit I have ever seen. You must be a fucking completely lifeless douche who is unable to even write a single witty comment, which must be why you have been 'holding you tongue'.

Lol - that's funny - I wasn't expecting a response as feeble as this. You continue to surprise me, Wrath :)

metal_wrath said:
What are you referring to?

Btw, your username, avatar, signature and use of font color are the lamest bunch of shit I have ever seen.

I love his username, avatar, signature and use of font color :D Guess this makes me a lame bunch of shit :cry:

Scourge of Malice said:
Well I definitely agree, but I think its unfair if Steve Wilson isn't allowed to sing about the subject just because a bunch of trendy fuck bands have made it a popular theme. And I would assume Steve is much more sincere about it.
Glow is an amazing song, and I agree with you that whether or not Steve has turned 'emo' or whatever the fuck, who cares!:Smug:

No, Steven Wilson is not emo. Shut Up.

Yes, stupid mainstream emo bands turned suicidal themes into a trend.. but is Porcupine Tree another stupid trendy emo band? NO

So, hes NOT turning emo on you.

image.php

?

I actually asked that in the original post... but whatever!

I'm sorry if people were taking this seriously. I just heard the lyrics and made a tongue-in-cheek thread. I really don't give a fuck at all if Wilson turns emo when he's making music like Blackfield and Porcupine Tree.

Spectacular Views: you knew exactly what was being referred to when the word 'emo' was being used. 'Emo' has more than one meaning. No need to be a smart arse.

this is what it says on the official site:

"(LYRICS - Steven Wilson, based on an idea by Aviv Geffen)"

he wrote them EXCLUSIVELY for blackfield since his lyrical stuff tend to be much more literary and metaphorised. purely analogical stuff

biggsy said:
Spectacular Views: you knew exactly what was being referred to when the word 'emo' was being used. 'Emo' has more than one meaning. No need to be a smart arse.

i should start calling all metalcore fans "metals", presenting them as wholly representative of a subculture with a long and rich history, and claiming anyone who likes metal is a faggot, then see how you guys like it