Steven Slate Drums 4.0

I just tested SSD 4 drums in Cubase Elements 6 32-bit on my PC. SO MUCH better! It is absolutly stabel and loads much faster. Although this is kinda weird, and I really like to stay with Reaper!

Bought it yesterday... 32-bit win 7 ( but with a little tweak so i can use up to 64 gb ram ), reaper ( latest ), no issues here! Guess i gonna upgrade from Ex to Platinum next month..but then again i also need trigger ex ....soo much money.... guess no food for me next month. poor student is poor.

Just bought Cubase 6...and SSD 4.0 EX fucks the VST bridge all the time... im so pissed right now!

I used Reaper all the time with SSD 4.0 and had never a single crash! And now i have to go back to reaper because of this? Please...

Anybody got an idea? I tried the 32bit and the 64bit. Nothing helps...

Just bought Cubase 6...and SSD 4.0 EX fucks the VST bridge all the time... im so pissed right now!

I used Reaper all the time with SSD 4.0 and had never a single crash! And now i have to go back to reaper because of this? Please...

Anybody got an idea? I tried the 32bit and the 64bit. Nothing helps...

Use 32bit Version of Cubase 6. No VST bridge to be fucked up in that case.

so i tried the jbridger: it works, but when you run more than 2 vst it crashes also... not worth the 15€ imo...

reinstalled cubase 6 in a 32bit version. slate, lepou and all my other vst's/vsti's run perfectly... will stay to 32bit :)

@vendo: reaper is a really good daw especially concerning the price. but all the eqs, compressors and so on dont sound very good. And Cubase is just my type of workflow. feeling at home from the first second.

yeah. everytime i close a project after using ssd4 it says cubase has quit unexpectedly. it also takes like 45seconds to a minute for ssd to load or save a preset... SHOOOOT!

I'm rock solid on Cubase 32bit Mac/PC and Cubase 64bit PC version.. if you're having issues, hit up support with your situation.

New RAM detail controls coming soon!

Cheers,
Steven

Just wanted to mention that I am loving life in Pro Tools 9.06, using around 1GB of RAM and around a 10% hit on the CPU, totally manageable considering I print my drums before I start a mix.

Hey Steven, got an ETA on the Trigger update with the deluxe samples? Printing through SSD is a little bit of a workflow killer for me and I'd love to be able to stick with Trigger!

Am I the only one who doesn't like that it is not possible to type in values at the knobs in SSD? Not the biggest problem in the Earth, but sometimes it would be faster than setting all of them with the mouse/touchpad. Also round numbers would be much more easier to memorize, and would look better than -3,45345-s everywhere. Shoot me, I'm a round number maniac. :loco:

Anyway SSD4 is killer, the update totally worth it's price.

Found a huge bug in Protools 9.0 (no upgrade at all)
If I load ssd sampler on a track the playing is sloppy it swings a lot, this stop happening if I put before (or after) the instrument another instrument (for instance kontakt with no library loaded or structure free).
This swing issue is happening just with ssd sampler, other samplers/instruments are fine. On my pc machine with reaper is fine.
I guess ssd it's not syncing with midi stuff, so the other sampler will help it finding the right path ;)

sorry steve that this turns out to a bug report thread, but i have another annoying bug with ssd4,
when i save a cubase project file, the saving time is usually not noticable, its like below 0.5seconds
then when i load up an instance of SSD4 into an VSTi Slot, the saving time is still 0.5seconds, but when i load up any kit, doesnt matter which one, the project saving time is around 5-6seconds
thats quite very annoying,
i´m not talking about loading loading time of the kits, only about saving a project file in cubase (STRG+S) with a loaded SSD4 on the Instrument Slot ;)

my System: Cubase 6.0.5, 64bit, Win7, 16GB Memory,
Projecthardisc: SSD SATA 6GB/s
Library Hardsisc: 2nd SSD SATA 6GB/s, both on 6GB´s SATA Bus

Gnash, hit up support, that's really odd issue but we'll fix it.

TRIGGER "DELUXE" Expansion pack will be available sometime this quarter, and SSD4 Platinum users will get a significant discount.

Steven

I've been wondering and searching for this answer ever since SSD 4 was announced. Thanks.
And i'd gladly pay for that. Years back i set up ONE kit's worth of sample's for RM IV and it took me many eye-gouging hours. And it was merely OK.

Got it a couple of days ago, tested it today:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
if I buy SSD4 EX now, is it possible to upgrade to the Platinum version later without paying the full 300 bucks?
The website only displays upgrading from version 3.x.