Steven Slate Drums 4.0

MattTUU

Homesick Recordings
Aug 12, 2010
London, UK
who has seen the video that Slate has just released?!? looooks sooo sick! loving the new player it comes with similar to SD2.0 with the actual full drum kit on display? and the amount of kits is good.

and crossgrade discounts! you get it for $150 (£95 for me) rather than $299 if you have a previous platinum pack. thank god its xmas in 3 days! :loco::headbang: CAN.NOT.WAIT.

Edit: I prob posted this in the wrong place but hey I am excited :p

oroinvictus said:
I just picked EX up for $50, and I'm downloading currently. I'm guessing a lot of other purchases are going down, and thus download speeds are getting throttled hard.

Same :(

ahh man that sucks, ima wait till xmas I think so i got the £££'s. Hopefully the cymbals are better in 4.0. The interface looks good hopefully its simple too to use. I'm guessing they have made it similar to SSD Trigger?

I should mention that I have SSD4 EX.
mx7kq.jpg

There's a screenshot I took yesterday for a friend showing the new UI window. I'll take some more if desired. Sorry for the huge size, I forgot to crop.

Here's a clip I whipped up yesterday as a test: http://bit.ly/vx333c
All SSD4 instruments, light EQing and an SSL-comp.

While listening to the sample above, I sure hope there is more cymbals because those sounded washy.

Is there enough usable things in the ssd4 ex program or should I go all out and get the platinum edition? They don't provide enough information on the actual drum kits included in each one just the number of them.

Honestly, you might as well save up the extra cash and get the Platinum. I can't help you and tell you what kits are used on the SSD, maybe other friendly users of this forum can, but in my opinion, you should go all in for the platinum.

Sorry for the awkward title, but I need some help.

I just bought a new computer today, so I redownloaded SSD4. Everything is where it should be, but when I open Cubase 5 and select VST Instrument, SSD is not on the drop down list. I went to "Plug-In Information" and pressed the update button. I honestly don't know where to go from there. I can't open SSD 4 is what I'm saying in a nutshell, but the whole folder and sample libraries are on my computer and it can't locate it. On my old computer, it kind of did itself. I bought SSD4 and then I went under VST Instrument and it was there. I didn't have to do anything.

its possible that your actual vst plugin was put in a different location due to your new computer. look through all of your program files and find the SSD.dll and then go to cubase and tell it to search the folder that it's in.

Thanks Gotet. Everything's settled. She is up and running, and smoothly might I add! Never thought I could run SSD 4 with a pod farm plug in and surf the web! I've been missing out!

i have been searching for over 5 hrs for an answer and no one has helped me on the other 3 forums...
i want to know if the slate drums 4 EX version has the kick 10 on it..
or is that part of an extension pack/platinum only thing..

i read that that kick was in 3.5 /not sure/ dont really care about 3.5 either way lol.

i already have the sturgis kit and detuned packs..

and yea i know..i know.. kick 10 lol.

but my brothers tpyical 'metalcore' band wants that sound and i am in charge of recording it for them.

i know. i have 3 other drum programs that have pretty decent kicks
actually i dont even use the more known brands for drums
i am currently using drumsite. its like 60 bucks
only has two bass kicks, but if u eq and mix them sound great.
but my brothers band that i am going to record really likes that kick 10 sounds
so im gunna try to mix it with the one i created..

thank you tho for that information.. i searched over 8 hrs for an answer last nite
:)

but i wasnt about to spend 300 just for one kick drum lol