Steven Slate Drums EX Expansions 50%.. OFFICIALLY

I still haven't received my passcode from audiomidi and they completely ignore my mails. Can I use the gogs/wavs I downloaded and also can I buy an expansion without the passcode?

???
Same prob here, Audiomidi ignore my mails too.
I don't wanna deal with this shop ever again. If they couldn't handle their own deals...:zombie:

Do we have the option to download the expansion packs and just use the .wav files?
It would be a pleasure for me to buy the "basic-deal(Audiomidi)", but I don't wanna be angry anymore:erk:

Thanks

Well, I think whether you agree with it or not, from a business standpoint, disontinuing wavs/gogs seems very logical. Trigger is right around the corner, so Slate is now in direct competition with Drumagog (notice how Drumagog is coming out with a new version which claims to do everything Trigger does pretty much the same exact time that Trigger is coming out? - that's NO coincidence, that's business strategy). To supply wavs/gogs would mean supplying a means to use the competitors product. At the end of the day Slate's running a business, and he's doing what any good business would do.

answer PM'd :)

cheers
S.

You know its funny, no other virtual drum software comes with wavs and I hear no complaints. We offered wavs as a courtesy for users to use with various drum replacers. Now that we are about to release the most awesomest drum replacer ever, we don't see a point in offering wavs since TRIGGER will come with multi layered replacement files.

If you don't want to update when Deluxe comes out because it will be a dedicated midi instrument like every other drum software... thats cool. But you'll be missing out on what I consider my absolute best work in drums.

Hope you all are enjoying the expansion packs.

Steven

LE can not upgrade via Ex expansions..

Rock Pop2 vs 3.. hmmmm 2 has a more modern rock vibe and you can eq most of those kicks to sound more metal... The Greenday kit is probably the most under rated kit, I never hear people talking about it but i know a lot of pros who write with it and mix it in to other live kits. RockPop3 is a bit more woody sounding, it has a few maples snares, better for pop and lighter rock.. BUT it does have the angry kit which is nice.

Get both?

You know its funny, no other virtual drum software comes with wavs and I hear no complaints. We offered wavs as a courtesy for users to use with various drum replacers. Now that we are about to release the most awesomest drum replacer ever, we don't see a point in offering wavs since TRIGGER will come with multi layered replacement files.

If you don't want to update when Deluxe comes out because it will be a dedicated midi instrument like every other drum software... thats cool. But you'll be missing out on what I consider my absolute best work in drums.

Steven

will there be a way to determine exactley what sample plays back
or a way to control it so we can make our own wavs?

you must realize there's more to drum production then just having some sort of sampler play back a randomized sample at a specific time period

i use the wav files for reverse drum fx, and for importing to make digital drum beat transitions. also sometimes i'll use just one hit for an intended machine gun effect on techno-y stuff. also having access to the room wav files is priceless, dont know how many times i've had to go back and make just one snare hit a little bit bigger

you're still going to offer that to us, right?

will there be a way to determine exactley what sample plays back
or a way to control it so we can make our own wavs?

you must realize there's more to drum production then just having some sort of sampler play back a randomized sample at a specific time period

i use the wav files for reverse drum fx, and for importing to make digital drum beat transitions. also sometimes i'll use just one hit for an intended machine gun effect on techno-y stuff. also having access to the room wav files is priceless, dont know how many times i've had to go back and make just one snare hit a little bit bigger

you're still going to offer that to us, right?

i must agree.

i also should mention that sometimes we should be able to remove specific samples from the round robin group. for example, in a group of 6 kicks of the same velocity, one might be too quiet for a specific song, so you remove it out of the selectable kicks to trigger...

will we be able to do this as well?

i think you may have underestimated how picky producers and AE's are, mr. slate.

Steven

I agree with Joey's last two posts... The reason you're so popular on this forum is because you're doing something no other drum software company does... on top of that there is the awesome drums...

I can understand not wanting to make something for a competitors product... and while I would imagine it isn't too difficult to make them ourselves from the virtual instrument, having the wavs will make it that much easier because it seems like that is something that you would need to do anyway, am I right?

I can see you wanting to make SSD the next big thing, but I think offering the wavs will be something to make that more feasible... just my (and other people's?) opinion...

so, I mean, its really your move... I do, however, wish you success within the choice you make.

on top of all this, I really didn't dig the samples that I heard at first (as you may or may not remember), but buying the $20 pack, I was able to mess with them myself at almost no cost and I'm really able to tailor them to my needs, so I am a fan now... would be a shame to have to sit there and take the time to sample all the velocities and drums and make all my own wav files. Definitely not looking forward to doing that. In my opinion, that is like Porshe not offering leather seats anymore. Just sayin...

THIS SALE ENDS MARCH 15th. After this time, Wav will no
longer be included in any SSD products.

that'S a pity.
but just means I won't buy any SSD then again.
so if you have (and like) aptrigga or TL drumrehab for example you won't be able to use the new samples...sucks extremely hard.
Dunno why SSD doesn't realize that LOADS of people only bought SSD to blend the samples with real drums in THEIR way (and everyone does it differently)...by not supplying the Wavs SSD kicks these people in the nuts and are likely to lose some of them as customers, I know I'll be one of those.

No Gogs is perfectly understandable of course, not supplying wavs is stupid.

You know its funny, no other virtual drum software comes with wavs and I hear no complaints.

here lies the problem....
when everyone started buying SSD we bought the SAMPLES, you were selling SAMPLES, not virtual drum software.
that's how we know your products etc...then you added the drumsoftware wich most of us are not using anyways, we (at least I) just see it as some extra that comes with the samples.
to us the samples have been your main product and the reason to buy your stuff. you're taking that reason away. Trigger is intrigueing and I might try it, but I don't wanna end up using a different replacement software for every sample I'm using and change my workflow every time.
also: Joey has a very good point (or actually several).
I know you don't want people to see your ompany like that, but fact is that most here really see SSD as "kickass drumsamples". if that "kickass drumsamples" bit is not true anymore you're just another software supplier....which I'm not interested in. sorry.

I understand that people want to keep their wavs. But you can record your own wavs out of the sampler still. Just record some hits in the velocity you like, turn on or of the room, cut the recorded audio and there you go.

that'S a pity.
but just means I won't buy any SSD then again.
so if you have (and like) aptrigga or TL drumrehab for example you won't be able to use the new samples...sucks extremely hard.
Dunno why SSD doesn't realize that LOADS of people only bought SSD to blend the samples with real drums in THEIR way (and everyone does it differently)...by not supplying the Wavs SSD kicks these people in the nuts and are likely to lose some of them as customers, I know I'll be one of those.

No Gogs is perfectly understandable of course, not supplying wavs is stupid

This, exactly.

I bought SSD because I wanted a good library of professionally made samples to use for drum replacement and augmentation.

If I want the best 'virtual drum software' on the planet, I would buy Superior 2.0 and not have to deal with shit like the Kontakt player, terrible sounding cymbals, and an overall lack of unprocessed/raw sounds.

If you can improve your 'virtual drum software' to compete well with S2.0, then I might be on board - as is, nothing in the lineup sounds as good (regardless of how often you post the same mp3 with the same crappy cymbals).

I want a solid sample pack for replacement/augmentation - you used to offer this. Unless you offer it again in the fuure, you've lost a costumer.

The SSD cymbals sound great. There are so many mp3s with SSD's straight out of the Kontakt player that sound amazing. Go to the SSD page and listen now. If you are getting terrible results and can't use something as utterly simple as the Kontakt Player, I would assume operator error, not SSD error.

I'll consider selling the wavs with TRIGGER since Joey laid out some good points.. But SSD will be a dedicated drum sampler.