Steven Wilson will produce Orphaned Land!

This is great news, I thought Wilson's work with Opeth was excellant.

UnConscious said:
i didn't like the change in Opeth's sound after blackwater park. i don't know if it had anything to do with Steven Wilson but i hope the same doesn't happen to OL.
anyway, good luck with the new album and the new producer.
looking forward to hearing it.

I doubt the change in Opeth's sound, while perhaps attributable to Steve, was directly his doing. As I believe Opeth specifically sought him out because they wanted that kind of sound.

as long as we don't get those telephone filters he's known to do, that doesn't belong in an orphaned land album...

BlindPanzer said:
as long as we don't get those telephone filters he's known to do, that doesn't belong in an orphaned land album...

I think OL already did something in one of their albums with a phone filter

speaking of bloodbath
I'm sure you've seen this one
moment_079.jpg

Personally, I'd love Steven to get involved with the songwriting and do some (backing) vocals. Blackwater Park is my fave Opeth album, so in their case he definitely contributed something of great value. Of course thats just my personal opinion.
BTW, Hypnos, how's your nose? You missed a great gig last week, actually once again I thought Moonsorrow were better than Primordial...

^^its allright, the surgery went good...i could bite me in my ass, i know i missed a geat gig (Darks Song!!!). well maybe we'll meet next week...

Conspirator said:
^^its allright, the surgery went good...i could bite me in my ass, i know i missed a geat gig (Darks Song!!!). well maybe we'll meet next week...
Honestly, I never quite understood why people always scream for "Dark Song". I mean it's a good song, but far from outstanding. But maybe that's just me... Anyway, I was glad they brought Ciaran so I got to hear "Song of the tomb"... And yep, see you in Stuttgart next week! :headbang:

As I said in another thread I have spoken to Steven Wilson during the last show in Tel Aviv(who wants to touch me)

This is what he told me. "He lives currently in Tel Aviv for about a year during.
Right now he's recording two major projects.
1. Blackfield (with Aviv Geffen), the second album
2. Porcupine Tree, a new album which is near the end of its recording off course there's mixing and mastering but his guess is it will be out pretty soon.
overall Steven is pretty busy with these 2 projects.
about OL, Steven said that the material is being written now and OL will enter the studio only at the beginning of 2007. so there's nothing certain yet.

My personal guess is Steven Wilson will record the keyboards for the album and OL will find a permenant keyboard player(if they haven't found one already) for touring.
which brings me to the point that in the Tel Aviv concert OL didn't use the computer to supply the keyboards that were recorded in the studio(like they do with the buzuki and oud) but brought a keyboard palyer who was pretty good but his crappy Yamaha wasn't.Half of that keyboard's keys were off key.
I was just wondering who is that guy?

Well I'll definitely miss Eden on stage, that's for sure, but, thinking about it, Steven Wilson on keyboards would be a pretty cool replacement... ;-)

sister ophelia said:
Well I'll definitely miss Eden on stage, that's for sure, but, thinking about it, Steven Wilson on keyboards would be a pretty cool replacement... ;-)

But there's absolutely no chance of seeing him live with OL, just as he didn't perform with opeth which is kind of what the situation is reminding me of.

He is still in the recording stage so soon could be 7-8 months especially when he has other another project. It'll be probably out in 2007.
Deadwing came out in 2005 then a new album in 2007 is pretty standard.