still having problems with reamping (profire 610 related)

FYI its sure, not shure

well I'll be buggered, the specs are different.

Line Outputs (Balanced)
Frequency Response +/- 0.1dB, 20Hz to 22kHz
+/- 0.6dB, 20Hz to 80kHz (192kHz)
Dynamic Range 110dB, A-weighted
Signal-to-Noise Ratio -110dB, A-weighted
THD+N 0.0013% (-98dB), 1kHz, -1dBFS
Crosstalk < -110dB @ 1kHz
Maximum Output Level +20.2dBu balanced, typical
Output Impedance 300 Ohms, balanced

Line Outputs (Balanced)
Frequency Response +/- 0.1dB, 20Hz to 22kHz
+/- 0.2dB, 20Hz to 80kHz (192kHz)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio -108dB (A-weighted)
Dynamic Range 108dB (A-weighted)
THD+N 0.0016% (-96dB) @ -1dBFS, 1kHz
Crosstalk < -105dB @ 1kHz
Maximum Output Level +15.9dBu balanced, typical
Output Impedance 940 ohm balanced

FF 400
Dynamic range DA: 110 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA (unmuted)
THD DA: -100 dB (0.001 %)
THD+N DA: -96 dB (0.0015 %)
Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ Hi Gain: +19 dBu
Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ +4 dBu: +13 dBu

Input/Output level for 0 dBFS @ -10 dBV: +2 dBV

I have a ground hum, but it's caused by the external monitor...If I disconnect it the hum disappear. And the hiss could be the monitors, because I have a little little hiss with the firepod also

you're on a laptop?

I'm not using a power conditioner yet, but I don't think this is related.

I never had any sound out of my monitors with my 002R when nothing was being sent out the outputs. It's like theres a constant signal sent to the outputs at all times.

I have a ground hum, but it's caused by the external monitor...If I disconnect it the hum disappear. And the hiss could be the monitors, because I have a little little hiss with the firepod also

I had a hiss with my FP10 too. I haven't noticed anything with my Profire 2626 yet, though I'm only using headphones and some computer speakers connected to the headphone outputs for the moment. I'll be getting decent monitors very soon though, I can report if I get any noise. I'll add that the hiss with the FP10 never really bothered me.

You have no problems reamping because your interface has a +24dBu line out. :loco:

his is only +15dbu.

I'm not good with math, but 24dB is more than 500X louder than 15dB
:lol:

Wait, how did I get brought into this? I was asking Jeff, I didn't say anything about my own experiences ;)

Haha no, I haven't purchased anything hardware wise, yet. Was going to grab a 610 in Sept right before Uni and pick up PT8/MPTK for my beat detective/pro tools needs, and use the 610 as my overall interface... but I think I'm just going to get a TC Konnekt 24D or splurge on an FF400 and grab an MBox2 of sorts for my PT needs.

you're on a laptop?

I'm not using a power conditioner yet, but I don't think this is related.

I never had any sound out of my monitors with my 002R when nothing was being sent out the outputs. It's like theres a constant signal sent to the outputs at all times.

Yes I'm on a macbook pro. But the problem is a ground loop caused by the external monitor. If I disconnect the monitor, or the dvi port, the hum disappear.
I have this ground loop because I have 2 power strip (4 socket each) chain connected.. :erk:
I tried to connect the ext monitor to another socket in my room and the hum disappear.
I'm planning to buy a 8x power strip

interesting read about the max output level....so it seems as if the FF on hi gain is on par with the 2626, but 3 db higher than the profire 610? not sure how 3dbu relates to dbfs or whatever it is DAWs are measuring.

i do kinda wonder whether it's normal to switch the ff400 output to high gain when trying to reamp, or if there's still something wrong in the signal chain but the ff just provides a workaround.
but then again, i have NO clue what else could be wrong....after all i'm using the right cables into a properly set up reamper into a properly set up amp, again with the right cables....strange.

anyways, what i know for fact ist that the fireface (to me at least) stomps all over the profire 610 in every possible way....i've already said it i guess, but to me it seems as if the fireface is a pro piece of gear, whereas the profire feels more like a prosumer one.
i'm not sure whether this also keeps true for the profire 2626....seeing how many great reviews can be found about the 2626 i actually sort of doubt it (while i'm quite sure that the rme still would be the better inteface, it just slays...). the profire 610 however doesn't get as many reviews (overall, not just rave ones)....originally i was under the impression that the 610 is just a downsized 2626 for people who don't need 8 pre's ADAT and whatnot, to save some cash basically....but not it sort of seems as if the 610 really is an entry level piece of gear as opposed to the decent 2626.

kinda wonder what you other guys think about this....

FWIW my Onyx 1200F is rated at max +21dbu on the line outs and reamping works great... I don't really know what that number means though, I thought +4db was line level out and was perfectly fine for reamping, very weird if the Profire 610 can't output at line level...?

boosting with a TS did obviously work, but also added quite some undesirable noise as you'd have to push it quite hard....like level maxed gain around noonish.

as for the guitar level, i also was under the impression that it should be quite a bit lower than line level....when i did my level test (above) i had the guitar peaking around -2db though. this was through the HiZ on the profire though so i guess there's some preamplification going on with that. i'll double check with my fireface later today.

anyways, while i have no ballpark numbers at hand, the guitar level is quite a bit lower than line level. hence the reamp box, which a) get's the impedance in check and b) reduces the line level in to a guitar level out.

the problem was that the reamper itself didn't get a "real" hot line level, but something lower, and consequently reduced the output too much (below guitar level) even with the trim pot cranked.

i'm still curious - there has to be an user around here who has both an x-amp and a fireface...i wonder how he/she set's up the levels, mainly talking about switching FF outs to hi gain mode here.
anyone?