STOMP 442 - the 'Thrax underrated?

^
^
that quote has become too Bieberish...:tickled:

ok..put that aside..i like your optimism :wave:

But the way the band is avoiding their own songs like a plague is disturbing.

Bieberish? I don't know about it, have neither heard a single note sung by this kid, nor the single word he has spoken :)

I'll be seeing Anthrax on Monday in a VERY small venue (actually a blues club) in Prague. Hope I catch them at the bar and as 'em why they don't want to play these songs.

They seem to be having a blast in Europe.
They seem to be undergoing a bit of a renaissance with the new album and it's all round good press so they are playing the hell out of it which is great. The gigs over the last year have been a bit of a greatest hits tour and would like to see more curve balls in there.
I am hoping they may stick in at least Only and Safe Home in the headlining tour next year. We shall see though they may end up playing these 'hotly anticipated' covers that are due for release who knows when?

They should definitely drop Deathrider for good. I watched a footage from a show in Paris and Joey's "singing" was so terrible on this one my ears were bleeding.

Well, its good for them that they are having 'all' the positive press and attentions coming in. 'Artist' needs attention to make it out there you know..

..and for Deathrider, Joey is awesome. He is not 'singing'...he IS SINGING.

When they played only when I saw them in San Diego the crowd got quiet. I doubt safe home would get much better of a response

On the contrary, in here (and in Austria as far as I know) it was the opposite. Only and I Am The Law had easily the best response (although Only didn't go off very good to be honest). The crowd got quiet when they butchered Medusa.

not crazy about the album but i really like the setlist on the stomp tour, i seen them on this tour and theres alot of great live stuff from it in audio and dvd bootlegs

not crazy about the album but i really like the setlist on the stomp tour, i seen them on this tour and theres alot of great live stuff from it in audio and dvd bootlegs

That was my first Anthrax show, the Stomp tour. Tonight I'll see them for the 7th time.

I remember my first listen to "Stomp 442" cassete-tape years ago...it was the beginning of 2006 and, man, was I disappointed (being Belladonna-era fan, as well as SOWN and WCFYA lover); but after couple of another listens I got...sucked in. And I'm still fond of it. You know, this album has nothing to do with thrash, and even with sound produced on SOWN etc, but I enjoy it a lot and there are few songs I consider classic and can't live without them , for example IN A ZONE (god damn it's groovy and catchy), Riding Shotgun and Random Acts. I even like this whiny "Bare" thing...A LOT!

Not a fan of Stomp 442 - it seems a bit one-dimensional to me and I struggle to get through the entire CD. I prefer Volume 8 and the opening one-two of Crush and Catharsis.