Stomp 442

AlexStomp

Feb 7, 2002
DC area
Visit site
Who else thinks that during the recording of this album, the dudes in Anthrax were wildly influnced by Pantera??? It's so obvious even when it came out. I love how Dimebag shredded on alot of Anthrax's albums. It'd be something if Vinnie lent one of Dime's unheard solo's for the next Anthrax album.

Yeah there's definitely an influence there, in a good way. The album kicked ass, but anything Dimebag played over the last 2 Anthrax albums was to me uninspired. He's better than that, and if Anthrax had a lead player at the time it would have been better. Rob would have come up with something SICK. I still look at it as a sit-in, dimebag was helping his brothers just like he always did, looking out for others, lending a hand when need be. He did great, I just want Anthrax to have a denicated lead player, no fill-ins.

I friggin loved the Inside Out solo. I think it is one of Dime's best.

Yeah I hear how Pantera influenced the record. I also hear Anthrax influences in Pantera riffs. They were so close I guess they always fed off eachother.

Whiplash402 said:
who here has heard "Blue light turnin' red"? on projects in the jungle

That's a great solo!
I have Pantera's old stuff...I love 'em.
I've always wondered why Pantera hardly acknowledge their releases prior to "Cowboys from Hell".:err:
"I Am the Night" is one of my favorite albums.:headbang:

Volume 8 isa pantera tribute album. And they did it better than pantera with that added anthrax 'secret sauce' that made it even better!
And although an unheard dimbag solo would be great (if hard to work out, unless they wrote a song that it fit) a vinnie drum solo would kick ass! with a steel toe-capped boot!:headbang:

Alex i love that album.

I even went and bought it again cause i wanted to hear it all over again after the kids broke the cd.

Perpetual Motion, American Pompei, King Size (personal favorite)

Road Rules used to play Fueled when they are going through that argument stage like you knew a cat fight was comin...LOL

what a joke...they should feature real people like us on there...

DELIRI0US N0MAD said:
That's a great solo!
I have Pantera's old stuff...I love 'em.
I've always wondered why Pantera hardly acknowledge their releases prior to "Cowboys from Hell".:err:
"I Am the Night" is one of my favorite albums.:headbang:

the records prior to CFH are okay i mean terry glaze isnt exactly great but power metal blows me away that 1 kicks so much ass

i hope vinnie will re-release it on his label