Stoner/Doom/Sludge appreciation thread

Pretty rad! All those genres (and combination of said genres) are favorites of mine.

Speaking of doom, this just came to mind (used to thrill me lots back in the day):

(as far as sludge and stoner are concerned, my picks are Isis, Pelican, Mouth of the Architect,Sludge(the band), Electric Wizard, Kyuss, Lair of the Minotaur, Giant Squid, Woods of Ypres, Capricorns, Neurosis and more, all great great great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah! Morgion along with Mael Mordha, St. Vitus, Lycanthia, Mourning Beloveth, Esoteric(\m/) and the likes.

Cathedral is awesome! While I enjoy Death-Doom stuff a bit more, stoner and sludge have some amazing artists. My current favorite is Spiritual Beggars. They often use lots of awesome 70s mellotrons and organs. Earth is awesome too.

Isis
Neurosis
Cult of Luna
Mouth of the Architect
Pelican
Russian Circles
Mastodon
Converge
Baroness

Ahab
Autumnia
Funeral
Thergothon

my personal favorite has always been Mare, relatively unknown and all they released was one EP and then they split but it's fucking genius

that's all the stuffs i got

You should check out Colosseum and Shape of Despair. They play some epic funeral doom similar to Thregothon, Funeral, etc. Colosseum lost their frontman just earlier in may (died at 32).

that Mare EP is fucking MONUMENTAL.

best one and out ever. I'm both sad they never recorded anything else and glad they never had the chance to fuck up the band's perfect legacy.

of that whole neurisican genre, there are five albums I ever have a need to revisit again. Neurosis - Times of Grace, Isis - Oceanic, Mare - s/t, Cult of Luna - The Beyond and Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye.

I always dug this band and this album...entire album's instrumental.

Also this excellent band/album...CIACIE was my favorite album from Morgion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_w90aC7X78&feature=related[/ame]

that Mare EP is fucking MONUMENTAL.

best one and out ever. I'm both sad they never recorded anything else and glad they never had the chance to fuck up the band's perfect legacy.

of that whole neurisican genre, there are five albums I ever have a need to revisit again. Neurosis - Times of Grace, Isis - Oceanic, Mare - s/t, Cult of Luna - The Beyond and Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye.

dude hell yeah, i've met like 2 people that are vaguely away of them :lol:

All great bands.
*fuzzy inside*
..oh yeah:

(great atmosphere)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVwSUTQva8&feature=related[/ame]

Autumnblaze is great also. They've done black, doom, gothic, darkwave, trip-rock, shoegaze and it always sounded pretty good.