Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

Saw Conan and Weedeater last night. Second time I've seen Conan and they absolutely destroyed. Last time was in a small pub, this time it was a proper mid-size venue and oh my fucking god the heavy. Weedeater played after them and sounded like shit in comparison. Any other night I would have dug them but Conan owned all.
image.jpeg

l keep hearing conflicting reports on Conan. l know from what l've heard they're heavy as fuck with some killer riffs etc but they must wind some people up the wrong way a lot as there's a lot of negativity towards them. Glad to hear they slay. What album(s) do you rec?

I've got a chunk of Conan's stuff. They're bone shatteringly heavy but get a bit monotonous quickly. I should like them more than I do. Live at Mount Wrath is a really cool album too because it shows they really are that fucking heavy irl.

We were right in front of the mixing desk and the sound was just insane. Heaviest thing I've ever heard.

Anyone know of stoner doom featuring didgeridoos or similar drone instruments? I think it'd sound awesome.

Also you all need this Egypt album in your life if you don't already have it

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Conan is awesome. Egypt is pretty decent, kinda Clutch-y.

Iirc Zaum's album Oracles has weird shit like that, as does Om's Advaitic Songs.

Reactions: Baroque
Looks like I found it late but there's a massive clearance sale at allthatisheavy.com

I got 11 albums shipped priority for ~56$ which is just ridiculous. Tons more I would have purchased if I didn't own it already.

Last edited:
Ordered Blunt - Blunt a great sounding and looking album which was recommended by @Carpe Mortem awhile back. A few months later it finally gets here, but it is a different album with a far less sexy cover, another CD by some unknown band and an apology note. Oh well, that's doing business with stoners for you. I'll still listen to this album but am somewhat disappointed here

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
My fave stoner album of the last while:

Goes really well up loud in the car.

Ordered Blunt - Blunt a great sounding and looking album which was recommended by @Carpe Mortem awhile back. A few months later it finally gets here, but it is a different album with a far less sexy cover, another CD by some unknown band and an apology note. Oh well, that's doing business with stoners for you. I'll still listen to this album but am somewhat disappointed here
Man just chillax with the harsh vibe

Reactions: Baroque
Pimping this here as well...

Enjoying that and also on a kick of some of this space themed stuff.

a0227052583_16.jpg

0009550497_10.jpg

a3901609530_5.jpg

a3272935667_16.jpg

a2265808554_10.jpg