Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

I was a massive pot head/hippy as a teen and Tumbleweed were just in the right place at the right time, I like Ritchie's voice it actually sounds like the voice of a young hippy stoner.
Yeah those reissues are great especially 'The Waterfront Years' dbl album and the recent 'Galactaphonic' cd and vinyl reissues.

Stoner doom needs more psychedelic vibes like Uncle Acid. Not enough bands go that route, they seem to just rehash some kind of Sabbath/Clutch worship.

Or more like Tumbleweed. Definitely need more western influence in the genre. In any genre. More cowbell.

Stoner doom needs more psychedelic vibes like Uncle Acid. Not enough bands go that route, they seem to just rehash some kind of Sabbath/Clutch worship.

Or more like Tumbleweed. Definitely need more western influence in the genre. In any genre. More cowbell.

Seems more to me like they just all clone the fuck out of Electric Wizard but anyway if I had to choose the best Stoner Doom band right now it'd be Acid Witch, if you even count the cunts (I do) and then maybe Blood Farmers.

I've been waiting on Acid Witch to release a new album forever. I dont really consider them stoner doom though, psychedelic death doom maybe.

I'm pretty sick of the more recent Electric Wizard stylings and their clones. I'm less sick of generically hard rock stoner bands such as Sons of Otis than I am of satanic fuzz fests. Always thought their st was tops.

I bought this reissue recently and it's gotta be ten years at least since I've heard it, easily. It's still as epic as it ever was, but far out it was awesome getting stoned as a 16year old or something and blasting Holy Mountain.
image.jpg
This Selim Lemouchi LP is my favourite recent stoner stuff easily, I like this particular album a lot more that The Devils Blood stuff by a long way. This LP actually blows my mind it's fucking beautiful.

I've got one Uncle Acid LP which I should listen to more but every time I feel like listening to this sort've stuff I go straight for that Selim Lemouchi album.

Last edited:
Fu Manchu's cool. They've always made me think of a less throaty O.G. and I prefer deeper voices, but they cool.

That Selim Lemouchi was toight. King Diamond gets stoned and falls into a black hole, basically.

Reactions: JontRevolting
Thinking of going to see Truck Fighters tonight. I don't really know them though and it's on the other side of town. Should I go yes/no