Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

Thief (who has been rocking my world this year with shows) hinted something on his Instagram about Kadavar coming out to the U.S...And since Thief is based in Southern California, chances are it's a show in CA or hopefully a full tour.

I'll find out tomorrow. :kickass:

Kadavar are doing a show out in the southern california desert with my friends from Lords of Beacon House! Mothership is also on the bill and more to be announced.

Oh HELLLLLL YEA <3

These guys rule live. I picked up their first album on vinyl when I saw them the other week. Kiwi stoner/sludge.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I decided to try Windhand again. Have all three of their albums on order this time.

I also have decided why the latest electric wizard album sucks so badly. In their quest to sound as old as they can they harpooned their own production value. The production on Time to Die is fucking awful and robs you of any chance of hearing a riff. Time to dump that retro equipment guys.

I thought you liked Windhand, no?

And about the new wiz, that sounds about right. Its just sad that i dont even care to take the time to go back and listen to see...

I like it. The singers voice has changed though and it makes the whole thing sound a little odd. Not nearly as bad as the other retro atrocities released this year.

True dat. Im seeing Kadavar later this month, I hope they still have the stardust.

Anyone listen to the new Windhand? I thought it was average. Definitely their weakest. Seemed like Soma alot, but the songs that didnt quite make the cut got released on Grief's Infernal Flower...Theyd be better off making a EP w the last 3 songs than releasing this, imo.

Local Melbourne guys who played in some seminal shit back in the day have started a new band and I like it

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that Clutch album as part of a bundle a few weeks ago(still waiting on the vinyl).Its the first album of theirs I've purchased and listened to, I need to listen to it more over the next few weeks.