Stoner Rock/Metal Thread

I don't know, that song just sounds like such vanilla stoner doom, which I can't stand. Church of Misery is one of my top three stoner doom bands... Mostly because they can go on a rager like Shotgun Boogie then drop back down into that Master of Reality groove.

I liked that WoodWall song.

Some solid riffs, good tone, and I didnt mind the vocals at all. Was a bit long to keep me interested with what they were doing, but definitely interested me enough to check out more.

This is true. I was using the honor system.

So heres the annoucement for Psycho, that really only pertains to my bragging rights...

Goatsnake dropped off, which is perfect because im seeing them at MDF the week after, and theyre replaced with Cough and Sourvein. I thought Sourveins last show was supposed to be at MDF last year, so Im not sure whats up with that...But, stoked for both bands. Seen cough like 4 times, but still always a treat.

So Friday I get:
Cult of Luna Bedemon, Russian Circles, Conan, Cough, Radio Moscow

Saturday:
Sleep, Earth, Kylesa, Acid Witch, Electric Citizen, Dead Meadow, Sourvein

And just like I wanted, which is my favorite day...

Sunday:
Om, Wo-Fat, and Earthless all on the same day. Also with Indian, Truck Fighters, Stoned Jesus, Tumbleweed Dealer and fucking ELDER.

Im definitely going to be loosing my god damn mind that day...<3

Kaf, you're spoiled.

I'm gonna still try to be hyped for this though. Mastodon I can do with or without but those other two never play my area. Graveyard I've never seen a bill for and Clutch always plays on the other side of the state. Stoked as fuck and just in time for Mr. Mortem's and mine anniversary!

71-elg.jpg

New saturnalia temple soon.

Theyre kinda like black metal wanted to be a stoner doom band. Its different, for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ey Kafka, you heard the new Ufomammut? I'm liking it better than that other one you had me listen to. It feels like it has a little more "narrative" and drags on a little less. Not an undesirable quality in stoner/doom but still...

Well while Electric Wizard released a shit album, these guys quietly released this.

So Uncle Acid posted this on their facebook yesterday...

Hmmmm

I can't play the first video my connection sucks right now. But really excited for new Uncle acid!

this is cool I bought it on bandcamp after my friend reccomended it and really liked it.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MEjYKx7tWE4[/ame]

^ That was badass.

The new UFOmammut is pretty solid. One of their most straight forward stoner doom albums, and Draele you were right less spacey, droney parts, which part of me was a bit sad about, tbh. I like those drawn out parts just as much as the heavy riffs. Good album nonetheless.